Posted by Mitch on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 8:05pm.
Find the equation of the line and write your answer in the slope-intercept form.
1. Has a y-intercept of 5 and a slope of
2. Has a slope of -5 and a y-intercept of 2/3.
3. Has a slope of -3 and contains (4,9).
4. Has a slope of 4/9 and contains (0,-2)
5. Contains the points (4,5) and (6,12).
Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 9:14pm
the slope-y intercept equation has the form
y = mx + b , where m is the slope and b is the y-intercept
so for the first 2 questions it is simply a matter of putting in the given values
for the next two , we are given the slope but not the intercept
so for 3. start with
y = -3x + b
but (4,9) lies on it , so
9 = -3(4) + b
21 = b
equation is y = -3x + 21
Do #4 the same way
For #5 , first find the slope , then proceed just like I did in #3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ALGEBRA - Solve for y intercepts 7x+y=-2 Answer: Y = -2 7x + 2y = 4 Answer: Y = ...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone help me with this equation please? The directions are: ...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Algebra - I have an assignment that asks me to write an equation in slope-...
- Algerba - Find slope and y-intercept of following equation y=-3 x -2 knowing the...
- algebra[please check] - in questions 1 and 2, write an equation of the line in ...
- algebra - What is the slope and y-intercept of the line represented by the ...
- Algebra.. - HELP. Problems 4 - 7: Write an equation for the line in point/slope ...
- college algebra - I NEED TO WRITE AN EQUATION OF THE LINE WITH THE GIVEN SLOPE ...
- math - slope-intercept - How do I write one equations in slope-intercept form, ...