Posted by Erick on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:24pm.
1. What is the area of triangle ABC if a = 47.0°, β = 57.8°, and a = 10.2 cm?
A. 58.2 cm2
B. 43.5 cm2
C. 38.4 cm2
D. 33.3 cm2
2. Given triangle ABC with β = 41°, g = 14°, and a = 5.0, find the value of c.
3. Resolve the vector, v, with magnitude 2.0 × 102 and angle 60°.
A. v = 170i + 100j
B. v = 120i + 160j
C. v = 100i + 170j
D. v = 10i + 17j
4. What is the area of triangle ABC if a = 83.4 ft, b = 53.1 ft, and c = 37.2 ft?
A. 16,100 ft2
B. 709 ft2
C. 1,220 ft2
D. 76.0 ft2
5. Which of the following statements relating to the Pythagorean theorem are true?
(i) The magnitude of a vector is based on the Pythagorean theorem.
(ii) The law of cosines is based on the Pythagorean theorem.
(iii) The law of sines is based on the Pythagorean theorem.
A. (i) and (ii)
B. (i) only
C. (ii) only
D. (ii) and (iii)
6. How much work is done by raising a 117-lb box vertically 18.0 inches?
A. 25,300 ft-lb
B. 2,110 ft-lb
C. 176 ft-lb
D. 5,190 ft-lb
7. Given triangle ABC with g = 61.0°, β = 29.0°, and b = 20.5, find the value of a.
8. Given triangle ABC with b = 14.0, c = 11.0, and β = 105°, find the value of a.
B. 8.7 and 20
D. 6.3 and 12
- Math - Steve, Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 3:20pm
using c as the base, the altitude is a sinβ
since we have α and β, γ = 75.2°
c/sinγ = a/sinα, so
c = 1.2/sin47.0° sin75.2° = 1.59
area = 1/2 base*height = 1/2 * 1.59 * 10.2 * sin57.8° = 6.86 cm^2
how far do you get on the others?
- Math - Steve, Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 3:23pm
Oops I see I dropped a 0. Picking up in the middle,
c = 10.2/sin47.0° sin75.2° = 13.48
area = 1/2 base*height = 1/2 * 13.48 * 10.2 * sin57.8° = 58.17 cm^2
- Math - Erick, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 11:54pm
can you please do them all? pleaseeeeeee
Answer this Question
6th G-Math - 1.What is a reasonable estimate for the area of a circle with ...
8th grade math - circle A has a raduis that is twice the length og the raduis of...
Math - A children's play area is triangular. The sides of the play area measure ...
math - A childrens play area is triangular. The sides of the play area measure ...
math - the area of the circle was measured to be 29/30 of it original area.find ...
Math 116 Algerba - The area A of a triangle with base b and height h is given by...
Math problem solving investigation: guess and chec - The area of each square is ...
Math - Diana has 520 yards of fencing to enclose a rectangular area. Find the ...
6th grade math - The area of each square is twice the area of the next smaller ...
Math - The dimensions of Mrs. Singleton's square garden are dilated using a ...