Posted by Delilah on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 6:54pm.
1. Price of the dolls: $12.99
A. Price of the dolls with a 5% sales tax. Show all of your work! [4 points]
B. A discount of 20% is applied to the doll’s original price of $12.99. What is the price of the dolls with the discount applied to $12.99 + 5% tax? Show all of your work!
Hint: Calculate the tax AFTER finding the discount price.
2. Price of the iPad Mini: $329.00
A. Price of the iPad with a 15% discount. Show all of your work!
B. During Christmas, the iPad Mini’s price goes up 10%. There is also a sales tax of 10% added to the increased price. What is the price of the iPad Mini after the increase and sales tax?
Hint: Calculate the tax AFTER finding the increased price
I am so sorry Ms. Sue! I still don't understand!
- 7th grade math - julia, Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 7:07pm
1A. 12.99*5%=12.99*.05=0.65 this is the sale tax
12.99 + 0.65= 13.64 is the price after tax
1B. 12.99*20%=12.99*0.2=$2.6 is discount
12.99 - discount= 12.99 - 2.6=10.39 is the price after discount was applied
10.39*5%=10.4*0.05=0.52 is the tax
10.39+.52=$10.91 is the price after discount with 5% tax
- 7th grade math - julia, Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 7:18pm
2A. 329.00*15%= 329.00*0.15=$49.35 this is the discount.
329 - discount = 329 -49.35=$279.65 discounted price
2B. 329*10%=329*0.1=32.9 is how much more the ipad will cost compared to the old price (increase in price). Now add it to the old price: 329 + 32.9=$361.9 is new price
361.9*10%=361.9*0.1=36.19 is a sale tax after change in price
361.9+36.19=$398.09 is the final price
- 7th grade math - Delilah, Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 8:00pm
Thanks! My teacher nearly said the same thing!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade math help Ms. Sue quick please - HELLPPP ME PLEASE I ONLY KNOW THE ...
- 7th grade math help Ms. Sue please - How do you find the sales tax of something...
- math - Designer Dolls, Inc. found that the number N of dolls sold varies ...
- Algebra 2 - Designer Dolls, Inc. found that the number N of dolls sold varies ...
- Math - Designer Dolls, Inc. found that the number of dolls sold, N, varies ...
- advance algebra - A doll can make a Jennifer doll at a cost of $35 per doll. if ...
- Math - A computer was purchased at a sale at a discount of 15%. If $688.50 was ...
- URGENT!! 7th Grade Math Help Please!! - 2. Price of the iPad Mini: $329.00 Price...
- Math :( - Can someone plz explain how to do this math project, Plz give me some ...
- Sales Tax - A video games price was 90$. The store offered 10% discount. How ...