Posted by Jenny on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 1:04pm.
(1 pts.) While Pete was out playing touch football with his friends, he tripped, fell, and bumped his head on the ground. Immediately afterward, he was very disoriented and kept asking his friends what time it was. Pete may have experienced
(1 pts.) George can understand what his doctor wants him to do when he asks him to cough and to touch his index finger to his nose, but he cannot perform these simple motor activities. George is suffering from
(1 pts.) Why might recent research have indicated an increase in the total number of cases of Alzheimer's disease in the past few years?
A) because of the trace amounts of aluminum added to municipal water supplies
B) because of the increased use of artificial sweeteners like saccharin
C) because of the increase in the total number of individuals living beyond 65
D) because of decreased amounts of ozone in the atmosphere
(1 pts.) While he is resting, Ray's hands shake uncontrollably. At times his head appears to jerk from side to side. Ray may be showing the early symptoms of
A) Parkinson's disease.
B) Pick's disease.
C) Alzheimer's disease.
D) Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
(1 pts.) Angie, an elderly woman, became depressed a few days ago and is now experiencing a memory loss. Based on this symptom pattern which of the following might she have?
A) Alzheimer’s disease
C) vascular dementia
D) Huntington's disease
(1 pts.) Which of the following individuals is MOST likely to suffer from delirium based on the information in the text?
A) Twenty-four-year old Megan, who has been hospitalized for pneumonia
B) Thirty-two-year old Steve, who is home with a bad case of the flu
C) Forty-five-year old Charles, who is in a mental hospital
D) Seventy-year old Margaret, who has been hospitalized for gallstones
(1 pts.) Mrs. Williams can recognize most of her friends by voice over the telephone, but when asked to identify her friends in pictures she is at a loss. She is apparently suffering from
(1 pts.) Harry has recently been getting lost in the factory where he works. He is forgetting some of the names of his coworkers. He is having difficulty concentrating and his reading comprehension is poor. He denies having any memory problems but occasionally gets anxious over his confusion and forgetfulness. Which phase of dementia is he in?
B) early confusional
C) late confusional
D) late dementia
(1 pts.) Donna is in her mid-twenties and has been experiencing involuntary muscle spasms which cause her to move in a jerky fashion. In addition, she has become very sexually impulsive. From what organic brain disorder might she be suffering?
A) Huntingdon's disease
B) Pick's disease
C) Parkinson's disease
D) Alzheimer's disease
(1 pts.) Tommy is a 43-year-old man who has Down syndrome. Recent research indicates that he is likely to develop
A) Parkinson's disease.
B) Alzheimer's disease.
C) Pick's disease.
D) multiple sclerosis.
11. a 12. c 13. c 14.A 15.C 16.B 17.A 18.D 19.B 20.B
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- psychology - # 1.11 (1 pts.) While Pete was out playing touch football with his ...
- Math - The total number of pears eaten by Pete and two of his friends, Tweet and...
- Math - Pete and jan compete as a team in a biathlon. Pete runs at a speed of 9 ...
- PHYSICS - pete and john play a game of tug f war on a frictionless icy curface. ...
- ATTN: DRWLS RE: PHYSICS - pete and john play a game of tug f war on a ...
- math - equation pete and tom sold 41cds and tom sold 9more,.how many did pete ...
- English - I urgently need you to check this paragraph.I'm unsure about the use ...
- Probability & Stats - The probability that Pete will catch fish on a particular ...
- Algebra-- PLEASE help! - Pete's Plymouth travels 200 miles at a certain speed. ...
- PHYSICS - please check my work - pete and john play a game of tug war on a ...