Posted by mandeep on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 7:30am.
A committee of two persons is selected from two men and two women.
Find the probability that the committee will have at least one man.
- Probability-plse - Reiny, Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 9:23am
total number of choices
= C(4,2) = 6
number of ways to pick 2 women
= C(2,2) = 1
number of ways with at least 1 man
= 1 - 1/6
let the women be A, and B
let the men be C and D
AB AC AD
of those 5 cases contain A or B
only one does not contain either an A or a B
My answer is correct
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATHS - A committee of two persons is selected from two men and two women. Find ...
- statistics - A committee consists of five men and four women. Two people are ...
- Maths - From a group of 10 people, 5 men and 5 women, six are to be chosen to ...
- algebra - A 4-person leadership committee is randomly chosen from a group of 24 ...
- math - a committee of 5 people is to be selected from a group of 6 men and 9 ...
- maths - .A committee of 6 is to be selected from a group of 6 men and 9 women. ...
- math - A committee of 4 is chosen from a group of 10 women and 6 men. Determine ...
- PACT - A committee of 4 must be chosen from 3 women and 4 men.calculate 1. In ...
- college - Four hundred people apply for three jobs. 130 of the applicants are ...
- math - In how many ways can a committee of five people be selected from seven ...