Posted by Disha on Monday, November 26, 2012 at 10:54pm.
What is the value of this limit?
- calculus - Disha, Monday, November 26, 2012 at 11:15pm
- calculus - Reiny, Monday, November 26, 2012 at 11:48pm
lim (x^2 + 4)/(x^2 - 3x + 1)
x ---> 4
the first step in any limit is to actually sub in the approach value
in this case we get
lim(16+4)/(16 - 12 + 1)
= 4 , which is a real number, so we have no problem with this limit
the answer is 4 , all done!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus. Limits. Check my answers, please! :) - 4. lim (tanx)= x->pi/3 -(...
- Calculus - Let a=8, f(x)=|x-8|/x You are given lim x->a- f(x)=lim x->8- |x...
- Calculus - Let a=8, f(x)=|x-8|/x You are given lim x->a+ f(x)=lim x->8+ |x...
- calculus - lim (x^3-1)/(x^3+2x^2y+xy^2-x^2-2xy-y^2) (x,y)->(1,0) my question ...
- Calculus - Got a midterm worksheet. Realized how confused I am. Here are some ...
- Calculus - Find the positive integers k for which lim ->0 sin(sin(x))/x^k ...
- Calculus - Find the limit. lim 5-x/(x^2-25) x-->5 Here is the work I have so ...
- Pre-Calculus - Which of the following shows the correct notation for “The limit ...
- Calculus - I have two similar problems that I need help completing. Please show ...
- Calculus - Find the indicated limits. If the limit does not exist, so state, or ...