Posted by Studying on Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 10:25pm.
My final exam is coming up so I am doing study guides to help me practice. I would really appreciate any help that is given.
1. The hydronium ion concentration for a solution is determined to be
4.5 x 10^-7 M. What is the concentration of the hydroxide ion?
2. When a 5.00 mL sample of vinegar is titrated, 44.5 mL of 0.100 M NaOH solution is required to reach the end point. What is the concentration of vinegar in moles per liter of solution?
I'm not really sure what numbers to put where so if you could please walk me through how to do this so I can use it as a how-to for other problems like it on the study guide I would greatly appreciate it.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 10:44pm
(H^+)(OH^-) = Kw = 1E-14
Substitute for H^+ and solve for OH^-
vinegar is acetic acid, HAc.
HAc + NaOH ==> NaAc + H2O
mols NaOH = M x L = ?
mols HAc = mols NaOH (Look at the coefficients in the balanced equation.) That's mols in 5.00 mL of the solution.
Then M HAc = mols HAc/L soln.
(you know L soln = 0.005L)
Chemistry - Studying, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 10:48pm
Thank you. That helps.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - The hydronium ion concentration for a solution is determined to be 4...
- Chemistry - The pH of a solution is 1. Which of the following statements are ...
- chemistry - Calculate the hydronium ion concentration and pH in a 0.037 M ...
- chemistry - what are the hydronium-ion and the hydroxide ion concentration of a ...
- Chemistry - The approximate concentration of a hydrochloric acid solution is 0....
- chemistry - 1.Does a pH of 8.6 describe a solution with a higher or lower ...
- chemistry - pH = 3.89 calculate concentration of hydronium ion and hydroxide ion...
- chemistry - 15029 What is the hydronium ion (aka H+) concentration for a ...
- Chemistry - 0.10 M solution of a weak monoprotic acid has a hydronium-ion ...
- Chemistry - A solution has a hydroxide-ion concentration of 7.48X10-5 M. What is...