Posted by anna on Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 5:36pm.
How would I solve this problem for t?
720 = 11.895+2.545sin [2pi/366(t-80.5)]
trig - Steve, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 8:32pm
same way you would solve for any equation. collect t stuff on one side, and work your way inside out the expressions till t ia all alone:
708.105 = 2.545sin [2pi/366(t-80.5)]
278.2338 = sin [2pi/366(t-80.5)]
at this point you are stuck. sin(x) is never more than 1, so there is no way it can be 278.2338
I suspect a typo somewhere.
trig - Reiny, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 8:35pm
It is intuitively obvious that this equation cannot have a solution the way it was written
the sin(anything) has to be a number between -1 and +1
so if 720 = 11.895 + x , the value of x cannot possible fall between - 1 and +1
check your typing, or if correctly typed, there is no solution
trig - anna, Monday, November 26, 2012 at 2:51am
i think i figured out my mistake. it should be
720 = 713.7+152.7 sin [(2pi/366)(t-80.75)]
this problem is modelling minutes of daylight in a town using the form y = d+a sin[b(t-c)]. let y equal 720 minutes of daylight and let t=the number of days in 2012
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How would I solve for t if y equals 720 minutes of daylight and t=the ...
- Calculus help?? - I'm not sure how to solve this and help would be great! d/dx [...
- trig - determine the solutions for tanxcos^2x-tanx=0 in the interval XE[-2pi,2pi...
- graphing trig functions - given y=(3x+2pi) how would i graph one period this ...
- bobpursly, check please,math - do you mean like this: 720/(V-30) + 720/(V+30) = ...
- trig - Solve cos x-1 = sin^2 x Find all solutions on the interval [0,2pi) a. x=...
- Trig - 2sin^2(x) = 2 + cos(x) interval [0,2pi) How do I solve this? Help would ...
- Trig - What is the period of f(x)=sin4x. I got pi/2 but on my answer list, it is...
- Trig help - 1. What is the period of the function? y = 4 cos pi x A. 1 B. 2 C. ...
- chemistry - What mass of solute is contained in 250 mL of 0.895 M NH4Cl? I think...