Posted by amy on Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 10:44am.
Are all of these in the past tense?
If they were all used in a paragraph would it still be in the same tense?
If not, which phrases/words should I change to fit the past tense?
- english - Writeacher, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 11:02am
Two of them are not past tense. Which are they?
- english - amy, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 11:17am
make and have?
- english - amy, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 11:25am
what if it was:
After I make ...
would it still be in the present ?
should it be After I had made
- english - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 11:58am
Let's finish your examples:
After I make the cookies, I will make the cake.
After I made the cookies, I made the cake.
Do you see the difference?
- english - amy, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 12:00pm
yes! thank you
- english - Frieda, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 3:26pm
No they are not. Use it in a sentence that makes it sound like it already happened. For example:
She already make the cake.
She already made the cake.
See? Hope it helps!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ENGLISH - I need help in writing my paper. Past tense form is a big no-no.I uses...
- tO GURUBLUE - Their advice was excellent... you need to put a subject in before ...
- ESL-grammar - can anyone plz tell me what's the differences between past perfect...
- English - Rewrite the following sentences,focusing on the grammar area if it ...
- English - 1. I have been there already. 2. I have already been there. 3. I was ...
- english - are these tenses correct please Educating myself about financial ...
- English - Hello, I'm stuck with a sentence!Is "He had been living in London ...
- English - • Write five sentences about the role of education in successful ...
- English - The essay I just got checked by my teacher has a lot of tense mistakes...
- English - grammar - I need my sentence to be past tense third person. I know my ...