Posted by Andrew78 on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 2:37pm.
50 ml of Argon is collected at 60.0 degree C and 820.0 torr how much this sample weigh in grams?
chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 2:51pm
Use PV = nRT and solve for n = number of mols. Then n = grams/molar mass and solve for grams. Don't forget T must be in kelvin.
chemistry - Andrew78, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 3:06pm
do I need to consider the vapor pressure of Argon at 60.0 degree C
chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 3:38pm
I don't understand your question. The pressure of Ar in the flask is 820 torr. I guess we could call that its vapor pressure.
Remember to convert 820 torr to atm and T to kelvin.
chemistry - Andrew78, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 4:04pm
my instructor said we need to use the pressure due to water vapor. i'm confused
chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 5:39pm
Then you didn't post all of the problem. The problem you posted doesn't have any water in it. If you collected the Ar over water and the total pressure is 820 torr, then
Ptotal = 820 = pAr + pH2O
Look up vapor pressure H2O at 60.0 C and subtract from 820 to find pAr.
Then follow the instructions above.
T must be in kelvin
P must be in atm (for PV = nRT)
V must be in L.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A sample of 50.0mL of argon is collected at 60*C and 820 torr. What ...
- Chemistry 3A - A volume of 122mL of argon, Ar, is collected at 50 degrees ...
- chemistry - a volume of 122mL of argon, Ar, is collected at 500 degrees C and ...
- chem - a volume of 122mL of argon, Ar, is collected at 500 degrees C and 758 ...
- Chemistry - A sample of oxygen gas is collected by displacing water from an ...
- Chemistry - Three of the primary components of air are carbon dioxide, nitrogen...
- chemistry - A 200-mL sample of Oxygen gas is collected at 26 degrees C and a ...
- Chemistry - A gas mixture consists of equal masses of methane (molecular weight ...
- chemistry - 1)A sample of CO2 gas which weighs 0.85 grams has a volume of 1.30 ...
- Chemistry - If 42.8 L of helium gas is collected at a temperature of 277K and ...