Posted by JOAN on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 4:57am.
as she pick up her riders a bus driver traverses four successive displacements represented by the expression (-6.30 b)i-(4.00 b cos 40)i-(4.00 sin 40)j+(3.00 b cos 50)i-(3.00 b sin 50)j-(5.00 b)j here b represents one city block,a convenient unit of distance of uniform size; i is east; and j is north. the displacements at 40 degree and 50 degree represent travel on roadways in the city that are at these angles to the main east-west and north-south streets.(a)draw a map of the successive displacements(b)what total distance did she travel? (c)compute the magnitude and direction of her total displacements.
- UNIVERSITY PHYSICS 1 - JOAN, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 5:00am
PLEASE ANSWERS MY ASSIGNMENT
- UNIVERSITY PHYSICS 1 - Steve, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 5:11am
If I read your somewhat confusing vectors correctly, they are (in units of b)
-4.00cos40i - 4.00sin40j
3.00cos50i - 3.00sin50j
the distances traveled in each case is
adding up to 18.30
the directions are all given. just read 'em off
- UNIVERSITY PHYSICS 1 - JOAN, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 5:41am
what the answer to letter c. how can i find the answer please illustrate to me
- UNIVERSITY PHYSICS 1 - Steve, Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 10:46am
adding up the i and j values, the total displacement is
-12.4i - 4.87j = 13.32 @ 158.6°
|-12.4i - 4.87j| = √(12.4^2 + 4.87^2)
tan158.6° = -4.87/-12.4
- UNIVERSITY PHYSICS 1 - JOAN, Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 5:28am
how did u get -12.4i and 4.87j
Answer this Question
- PHYSICS 1 .. - as she pick up her riders a bus driver traverses four successive ...
- AP Physics C - as she pick up her riders a bus driver traverses four successive ...
- algebra - Can someone please help me do this problem? That would be great! ...
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- tigonometry - expres the following as sums and differences of sines or cosines ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- trig - Reduce the following to the sine or cosine of one angle: (i) sin145*cos75...
- Math - Calculus - The identity below is significant because it relates 3 ...
- pre-cal - Simplify the given expression........? (2sin2x)(cos6x) sin 2x and cos ...
- trig - The expression 4 sin x cos x is equivalent to which of the following? (...