Posted by rfvv on .
Posted by rfvv on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 5:20am.
1. Does it live in the land or in the sea?
2. Does it live on land or in the sea?
(Are both the same in meaning?)
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 8:41am
In the land = down in the dirt??
The second sentence is far better!
Thank you for your help.
1. The animal lives in the land.
2. The animal lives under the ground.
3. The animal lives on land.
4. The animal lives on the land.
(Does #1 mean #2? Are both #3 and #4 the same?)
1 is not used.
2 is fine. This refers to moles, gophers, etc.
3 and 4 mean the same thing, referring to animals that live on land only and not in any body of water.