Posted by Tara on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 11:02pm.
testing bronsted lowry reaction predictions...... im super stuck can someone help me steo by step how to figure this out assuming i use the 5 step process?
write a balanced chemical equation for ch3coona and hcl reaction
position of equilibrium.
I know that ch3coo is a SB
and Hcl is a SA
so reactants are favored and shown as <50% but i cant fiigure out how to write the equation.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 11:29pm
Have you been told that ch3coona isn't anything in chemistry. You need to find the caps key for CO, Co and co mean something different just as m and M aren't the same.
I don't have your table of acidic/base values but you do this. You will need to fill in the numbers and decide where th equilibrium is.
CH3COONa ==> CH3COO^- + Na^+
CH3COO^- is a strong base. Na^+ is a spectator ion. CH3COO^- accepts a proton to form CH3COOH.
HCl ==> H3O^+ + Cl^-
H3O^+ is a strong acid. Cl^- is a spectator ion. H3O^+ donates a proton.
CH3COO^- + H3O^+ ==> CH3COOH
This reaction is far to the right.
- chemistry - Tara, Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 10:25am
no i have to teach myself and thats why i was so confused i knew CH3COO would gain a proton but i didnt realize that hcl changed to HCl ==> H3O^+ + Cl^- so it makes a little more sense.I do wanna make sure i understand and i have troubles breaking down the entities. i may ask for more help but only to make sure i am on the right track.
Thank you sooooooo much for helping though
- chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 12:59am
I suppose to make it complete the HCl reacts with H2O as follows:
HCl + H2O ==> H3O^+ + Cl^-
You're quite welcome and come back anytime you have a question. It helps us help you if you explain in detail what you don't understand.
Answer this Question
- Chem 2 - Propane (C3H8) burns in oxygen to produce carbon dioxide and water ...
- CHEMISTRY - Write a balanced equation for the following reduction-oxidation ...
- CHEMISTRY URGENT PLZ HELP - Write a balanced equation for the following ...
- chem - I can't seem to figure this out! I know I have to use mass to mass ...
- Chemistry - I am working on a five-part question and I just need help with the ...
- chemistry(check my answer) - The overall rate of a chemical reaction is ...
- Chemistry - Write a balanced equation for the overall reaction: Step 1 O3 + Cl...
- chemistry - Need Help Finishing: Purpose: • To observe a chemical reaction. ...
- Chemistry - Hi! I need help with the step by step procedure for chemical ...
- Chemistry Help Please! - SHOW WORK PLEASE SO I CAN DO THE REST OF MY HW BY ...