Posted by Robert on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 11:59am.
Any number in the form of a+-bi , where a and b are real numbers and b not equal 0 is considered a pure imaginary number. TRUE OR FALSE
The minimum value is the smallest y-value of a function. T RUE OR FALSE
i2 = square root of -1. TRUE OR FALSE
Complex numbers can be graphed on the xy coordinate plane. TRUE OR FALSE
Algebra 2 help :) - mathfailure, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 12:01pm
1. true it is not a real number
2 that is true, when graphing a function or a parabola, the minimum value is the smallest y value
3 i^2 = -1, thus it is false
4 complex numbers CANNOT be graphed on the coordinate plane (where would we put it?!) so false
Algebra 2 help :) - Damon, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 12:04pm
False (is complex not imaginary)
Yes I suppose although you can have a local minimum
I guess you mean i^2, but that is just -1
On the complex plane x and i y
Algebra 2 help :) - Steve, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 12:04pm
1. FALSE. pure imaginary numbers a+bi have a=0
4. TRUE. a=bi is graphed as the point (a,b)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - true or false 1. fraction cant be written as decimal. 2. natural ...
- Algebra - True or False. 1. If the radicand is a multiple of a perfect square ...
- Math Check Pleas Thank You - 1. Which of the following numbers is an example of ...
- Algebra - The function 5x^2+2x-1's domain is all real numbers, according to the ...
- math-calculus - which of following statements is false 1. The absolute value of ...
- math - 1. Which of the following numbers is an example of an integer? a. -15 b. ...
- Math - 1. Which of the following is an example of an integer? (1 point) a.-15...
- Algebra II - 1) There is a solution to x = -(y-5)^2 and x = (y -5 )^2 + 7 a) ...
- Math - i^6 = (i^2)^3 = (-1)^3 = -1 The square, not the square root of -1 is 1...
- Math - The smallest real number in the solution set of 2x > 6 is 4. A) True ...