Posted by karen on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 10:29am.
algebra 11 - Steve, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 10:38am
Apparently you mean that M is the slope. Most folks use lower-case letters.
In any case, we have
2y = -(k+1)x + 6
y = -(k+1)/2 x + 3
The slope is -(k+1)/2
-(k+1)/2 = k-2
-(k+1) = 2k - 2
-k-1 = 2k-2
3k = 1
k = 1/3
algebra 11 - Steve, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 10:40am
-(k+1) = 2k - 4
-k-1 = 2k-4
algebra 11 - Agni, Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 4:33pm
Steve, You made another mistake in that second edit.
Once you reach -k-1=2k-4.
You need to subtract 2k from the right side.
That gets you -3k-1=-4.
You add 1 to get rid of that negative one which gets -3k=-3. Solve for k=1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I am getting ready to start an Algebra class for the first time and I ...
- SHAY - THE MATH QUESTION IS IT ALGEBRA , PRE ALGEBRA' OR GEOMETRY? Quadriatic ...
- Algebra 1A - How is algebra a useful tool? what concepts investigated in algebra...
- Algebra I - So- im trying to help my little brother out with his Algebra- but ...
- Algebra-still need some help - Homework Help Forum: Algebra Posted by Jena on ...
- algebra 1 - at a certain high school,350 students are taking algebra. the ratio ...
- Algebra - y^2-x-4=0 a)find all x and y intercepts of the graph implied by this ...
- algebra - Is there a site or someone who can help me, im not getting the basic ...
- 7th grade - There are at least 5 more than twice as many students taking algebra...
- algebra 2 - Posted by hellogoodbie on Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 3:24pm. ...