Posted by Adalberto on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 3:12am.
Sharon Spent $2 on a magazine; then she spent half of the rest of her money on shoes. She spent half of her remaining money on lunch. She has $12 left. How much did Sharon start with?
- Algebra - joanna, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 7:39am
let X be the amount she had in the beginning. x-2 after magazine On shoes she spent: (x-2)/2. For lunch she spent: (x-2)/4. She is left with (x-2)/4=12 <=> x-2=48<=> x=$50
- Algebra - Reiny, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 8:55am
Adalberto, your equation makes no sense at all
First of all, why do you have the variable x when it drops out.
You would have
0 = 2 + (a÷2) + (b÷2) + 12
You did not define a or b, so who knows what that is supposed to say.
Go with joanna's solution , she is correct
start with 50
spend $2, left with 48
spend half of that on shoes , left with 24
spend half of that for lunch , left with 12
which is correct
- Algebra - Mary, Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 9:19pm
6/24 of 1/2 would be 3/12
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Sharon Spent $2 on a magazine; then she spent half of the rest of her ...
- math - Sharon spent $2 on a magazine; then she spent half of the rest of her ...
- Math - Mary bought a scarf for five dollar spent one and a half of her ...
- Math - Mary bought a scarf for five dollar spent Half of the remaining money on...
- math - Emily spent 1/2 of her money at the grocery store. Then, she spent 1/2 of...
- math,(fraction) - Susan had some money. she spent one-sixth of her money on ...
- Math - Kelby has some money. She bought a birthday gift for $11 and spent one-...
- math - an antique dealer visited three shops.she spent 25$ at the first shop.at ...
- Geometry - An antique dealer visited three shops. She spent $25 at the first ...
- Algebra - I need help with this like really badly sooo yeahhhh:) here it is: ...