Posted by Rebekah on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 8:46pm.
what is the f inverse of f(x)= ln(x-3)
I got y= e^x - 4
8 times 10^(2x-7)=3
I do not know how to do this. Do i get 8 and 10 with the same base? How?
- Check my precalc - Reiny, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 10:07pm
f(x) = ln(x-3) or
y = ln(x-3)
first step of find the inverse is to interchange the x and y variables, so the inverse is
x = ln(y-3)
e^x = y-3
y = e^x + 3
8 (10^(2x-7) ) = 3
10^(2x-7) = .375
take log of both sides
log( 10^(2x-7) ) = log .375
(2x-7) log 10 = log .375, remember log 10 = 1
2x - 7 = log .375
x = (7 + log.375)/2 = appr 3.287
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- check my precalc - #1. solve x^2-1<0 I got (-1,1) #2 x(x+1) >20 I got (-...
- inverse - find f^-1 (x). (this is asking me to find the inverse) f(x) = -(x-2)^2...
- Math - PreCalc (12th Grade) - Use the inverse matrix to solve this system of ...
- math, algebra II - Can someone explain to me step by step how the book got to ...
- Algebra - Hello, can someone tell me if I got the following solve and check work...
- math! - about finding the inverse of y=(2x+1)/(x+3). should you multiply (x+3) ...
- math,correction - okay for the first one i/ve done it twice and both times i got...
- PreCalc! - sketch a graph whose domain is the interval [0, infinity) but whose ...
- Precalc - Consider the function f(x)=2x^3 +1. Determine whether the inverse of F...
- algebra - - #21 -can you help me solve this equation: 3x^2 (2x - 2) i keep ...