Posted by selly on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 11:34am.
1)Identify which concepts/topics you believe that you will need to apply to solve the problem below. Select all that apply.
a)Covalent Bond Energy
b)Ionic Bond Energy
c)Single-electron Atom Ionization Energy
d)Multi-electron Atom Ionization Energy
i)Conservation of Energy
2)Sulfur vapor is analyzed by photoelectron spectroscopy (PES). Measurements determine that photoelectrons associated with the 1st ionization energy of sulfur move with de Broglie wavelength λ=2.091 A˚. What is the maximum wavelength (in meters) of radiation capable of ionizing sulfur and producing this effect?
- Chemistry - c, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 10:19pm
Multi-electron Atom Ionization Energy, Conservation of Energy, Wave-Particle Duality.
- Chemistry - PAL, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 10:37pm
E(photon) = E(electron)+E(Binding)
Look also for deBroglie wave.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- science, chemestry - Identify which concepts/topics you believe that you will ...
- Chemistry (Follow up post - Dr.BOB22) - Ionization is when an electron is ...
- Chemistry - I dont understand this paragraph, can anyone explain it to me? If a ...
- Chemistry - i dont understand this paragraph, can anyone explain it to me? If a ...
- Chemistry - 1.) The average velocity of Cl(2) molecules is 2.50 x 10^3 m/sec at ...
- chemestry - write a chemical equation for an atom losing a third electron. would...
- chemistry (Bohr model) - The second ionization energy of He is almost exactly ...
- chem 115 - The first ionization energy is the energy necessary to completely ...
- College Chemistry - In energy terms, ionization of an electron in an atom ...
- Physics - The following values are the only allowable energy levels of a ...