Posted by selly on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 11:34am.
1)Identify which concepts/topics you believe that you will need to apply to solve the problem below. Select all that apply.
a)Covalent Bond Energy
b)Ionic Bond Energy
c)Single-electron Atom Ionization Energy
d)Multi-electron Atom Ionization Energy
i)Conservation of Energy
2)Sulfur vapor is analyzed by photoelectron spectroscopy (PES). Measurements determine that photoelectrons associated with the 1st ionization energy of sulfur move with de Broglie wavelength λ=2.091 A˚. What is the maximum wavelength (in meters) of radiation capable of ionizing sulfur and producing this effect?
- Chemistry - c, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 10:19pm
Multi-electron Atom Ionization Energy, Conservation of Energy, Wave-Particle Duality.
- Chemistry - PAL, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 10:37pm
E(photon) = E(electron)+E(Binding)
Look also for deBroglie wave.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science, chemestry - Identify which concepts/topics you believe that you will ...
- chemistry (Bohr model) - The second ionization energy of He is almost exactly ...
- Chemistry (Follow up post - Dr.BOB22) - Ionization is when an electron is ...
- Chemistry - I don't understand this paragraph, can anyone explain it to me? If a...
- Chemistry - i don't understand this paragraph, can anyone explain it to me? If a...
- Chemistry - 1.) The average velocity of Cl(2) molecules is 2.50 x 10^3 m/sec at ...
- Chemistry - It is possible to determine the ionization energy for hydrogen using...
- Chem - It is possible to determine the ionization energy for hydrogen using the ...
- chemestry - write a chemical equation for an atom losing a third electron. would...
- chem 115 - The first ionization energy is the energy necessary to completely ...