Posted by Robert on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 11:05am.
Can you double check my answer
The lengths of the sides of a rectangular window have the ratio 1.6 to 1. The area of the window is 2,560 square inches. What are the dimensions of the window? (1 point)
50.6 inches by 50.6 inches
40 inches by 64 inches
40 inches by 80 inches <------ my answer
40 inches by 102.4 inches
- Algebra 2 - Bosnian, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:12pm
A = Area
W = Width
L = Length
L = 1.6 W
A = L * W
A = 1.6 W * W
A = 1.6 W ^ 2
2,560 = 1.6 W ^ 2 Diwide both sides by 1.6
2,560 / 1.6 = W ^ 2
1600 = W ^ 2
W = sqrt ( 1600 ) = 40 in
L = 1.6 * 40 = 64 in
40 in by 64 in
- Algebra 2 - lol, Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 3:42pm
it's correct bro
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Window World, Inc. is responsible for designing windows for the ...
- Pre-Calculus - A window has the shape of a square surmounted by an isosceles ...
- Statistics - When ordering vinyl replacement windows, the following variables ...
- Math - You have a room in your home that has a bay window (looks like a ...
- Algebra - Building windows: Window World, Inc., is responsible for designing new...
- Algebra 2 - The total area of two square windows is 1,025^2 in.2. Each side of ...
- math - The perimeter of a rectangular window is 634 inches. If the length of the...
- Word problem - If the width of a window is (x+7) inches and the length of the ...
- math - If a storm window has an area of 315 square inches, what are the ...
- Algebra 2 - The length of a rectangular window is 5 feet more than its width, w...