Posted by Basim on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 4:59pm.
Estimate the change in energy when solid rubidium reacts with gaseous diatomic chlorine molecules. Express your answer in units of kJ/mole. Do not refer to the periodic table to solve this problem. The following data may be useful in your calculation:
Madelung Constant: 1.763
Born Exponent: 12
Heat of Vaporization of Rubidium: 75.77 kJ/mole
Ionization Energy of Rubidium: 4.177 eV
Covalent Radius of Rubidium: 2.16 Angstroms
Covalent Radius of Chlorine: 0.99 Angstroms
Electron Affinity of Chlorine: -349 kJ/mole
Dissociation Energy of Chlorine: 244 kJ/mole
Ionic Radius of Chlorine: 167 pm
Ionic Radius of Rubidium: 166 pm
Chemistry - a, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 7:11pm
delta H = Ecryst+Evaporization+E(Rb, ionization)+Edissociation+Eaffinity
Chemistry - chelo, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 8:50pm
that is what, not understand what you want to publicize.thanks for what you have done
Chemistry - b, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:26am
Chemistry - c, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:32am
Chemistry - amar chauhan, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 10:07am
by amar chauhan
Chemistry - Anonymous, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 4:51pm
amar I got -479 which was wrong can you break it down so I can see where I was wrong
Chemistry - Anonymous, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 5:30pm
I used the born haber cycle but got the wrong answer where in the notes can I double check my steps better?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Estimate the change in energy when solid rubidium reacts with ...
- science - estimate the change in energy when solid rubidium reacts with gaseous ...
- I don't understand this chemistry problem? - The question reads: Place the ...
- Chemistry - It takes 208.4 kJ of energy to remove 1 mole of electrons from 1 ...
- chem - which of the following is a chemical reaction? A) propane forms a flame ...
- chemistry - Estimate the surface energy of (110) face of K crystals given just ...
- Chemistry - Write a balanced equation using the correct formulas and include ...
- SI Chemistry - hydrogen chloride gas reacts with oxygen gas to yield chlorine ...
- chemistry(please check my work) - If 0.836 g of solid Al reacts ...
- chemistry - elements x and y are from group 7 in the periodic table. x is a ...