Posted by amar chauhan on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 8:32am.
Estimate the change in energy when solid rubidium reacts with gaseous diatomic chlorine molecules. Express your answer in units of kJ/mole. Do not refer to the periodic table to solve this problem. The following data may be useful in your calculation:
Madelung Constant: 1.763
Born Exponent: 12
Heat of Vaporization of Rubidium: 75.77 kJ/mole
Ionization Energy of Rubidium: 4.177 eV
Covalent Radius of Rubidium: 2.16 Angstroms
Covalent Radius of Chlorine: 0.99 Angstroms
Electron Affinity of Chlorine: -349 kJ/mole
Dissociation Energy of Chlorine: 244 kJ/mole
Ionic Radius of Chlorine: 167 pm
Ionic Radius of Rubidium: 166 pm
chemistry - Nils, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 3:18pm
This is from an EdX exam, please do not answer it. By terms of the EdX honor code.
chemistry - a, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 7:15pm
delta H = Ecryst+Evaporization+E(Rb, ionization)+Edissociation+Eaffinity
chemistry - chelo, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 7:49pm
but this does not understand what I do, I appreciate the help
chemistry - PAL, Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 11:49pm
Just look at online reading #1. Its a Haber - Born cycle but instead of Na (sodium) they give you Rb. Hope that this help.
chemistry - amar chauhan, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:04am
is the answer by using born haber cycle
chemistry - b, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:28am
chemistry - c, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:33am
chemistry - Btrz, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 6:28am
What do you have to use the covalent radius for?
chemistry - Hi there, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:29pm
This is really unfair if you post an edex question and just copy paste the answers. if you really need help, you can discuss the methods maybe. Don't post answers.
Follow the honor code.
chemistry - MIT EDX 3.091, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 6:24pm
Dear participants of EDX 3.091,
You are being warned not to cooperate during the examination, the punishment for such breaking the rule will be cancellation of the certificate for the whole students currently enrolled.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Estimate the change in energy when solid rubidium reacts with ...
- science - estimate the change in energy when solid rubidium reacts with gaseous ...
- I don't understand this chemistry problem? - The question reads: Place the ...
- Chemistry - It takes 208.4 kJ of energy to remove 1 mole of electrons from 1 ...
- chem - which of the following is a chemical reaction? A) propane forms a flame ...
- chemistry - Estimate the surface energy of (110) face of K crystals given just ...
- Chemistry - Write a balanced equation using the correct formulas and include ...
- SI Chemistry - hydrogen chloride gas reacts with oxygen gas to yield chlorine ...
- chemistry(please check my work) - If 0.836 g of solid Al reacts ...
- chemistry - elements x and y are from group 7 in the periodic table. x is a ...