Posted by lee on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 10:09am.
Could someone that has read the story check my work?
1. The gray-clad soldier who tells Farquhar about the bridge is
on his way to the bridge.
a Federal scout. ******
frightened of being caught and hanged.
planning to burn the bridge.
2. Unimaginably, Farquhar seems to
survive the hanging. *****
fall off the bridge without the noose.
fight the soldiers and escape.
be rescued by the man who told him about the bridge.
3. A flashback occurs when
a writer gives subtle hints that something is going on.
a writer reminds the reader of something that happened at the beginning of a story.
a writer suspends the present story to recall an important event that affected the main character(s).*******
a writer tells a story “backwards.”
4. Anyone caught will be summarily punished. Which of the following best describes summarily?
5. Which Romantic writer's style is most similar to Ambrose Bierce's?
Henry David Thoreau
Edgar Allan Poe
Nathaniel Hawthorne *****
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English III - In “Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge,” Farquhar is a gentleman. Why ...
- Reading - 3. What hobby does Louisa constantly engage in? A. Spying on Joe C. ...
- Reading - 11. How many years were Joe and Louisa engaged? A. 7 C. 20 B. 15 D. 22...
- Writing - How can I end this? ____ The bridge I made a model of is the Sydney ...
- Physics - A stone is thrown upward from a bridge at a speed of 10 m/s. It ...
- physics - A hiker who weighs 889 N, is strolling through the woods and crosses a...
- algebra - You live near a bridge that goes over a river. The underside of the ...
- English III - “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” written by Ambrose Bierce ...
- Calculus - A rock is thrown upward off a bridge. In 2sec. the rock passes you on...
- physics - A hiker, who weighs 811 N, is strolling through the woods and crosses...