Posted by Alex on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 11:56pm.
Write the net ionic equation for the reaction of calcium nitrate and sodium phosphate
Chemistry Help - DrBob222, Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 12:08am
I assume these are aqueous solutions.
First write and balance the molecular equation.
3Ca(NO3)2(aq) + 2Na3PO4(aq) ==> Ca3(PO4)2(s) + 6NaNO3
Then break these up into ions following these rules.
a. pure liquids are written as molecules.
b. gases are written as molecules
c. solids are written as molecules.
d. All others are written as ions.
3Ca^2+(aq) + 6NO3^-(aq) + 6Na^+(aq) + 2PO4^3-(aq) ==> Ca3(PO4)2(s) + 6Na^+(aq) + 6NO3^-(aq)
The above is the complete ionic equation. To change this to the net ionic equation, we cancel any ions that appear on both sides. So we can cancel 6Na^+(aq) and 6NO3^-(aq) which leaves us with
3Ca^2+(aq) + 2PO4^2-(aq) ==> Ca3(PO4)2(s)
Chemistry Help - Jose, Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 7:44pm
Write a balanced net ionic equation for the reaction between calcium ions and sodium carbonate
Chemistry Help - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 2:50pm
Calcium nitrate + sodium _______ -> _______ hydroxide + _______
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Calcium can also be precipitated out of the solution by adding ...
- chemistry - Write the net ionic equation for any precipitation reaction that ...
- Chemistry - For a reaction between sodium phosphate and strontium nitrate write ...
- Chemistry - A precipitate forms when solutions of sodium carbonate and calcium ...
- chem - I have the following problems- write net ionic equations for reactions if...
- Chemistry - Write the net ionic equation for this reaction occurring in water: ...
- chemistry - Write the molecular,complete ionic, and net ionic equations for the ...
- Chemistry - If a solution of sodium phosphate, Na3PO4, is poured into seawater, ...
- chemistry - Write out the net ionic equation for: Cd(NO3)2 + Na2S -----> ...
- Chemistry - Write the molecular equation, the complete ionic equation, and the ...