Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:48pm.
do not know how to get answer on kathleen spent $30.50 on two shirts. One shirt cost $3.50 more than the other. How much did each shirt cost?How do you get the answer for X +X+3.50 = 30.50. Trying to explain how to get answer to a 5th grader.
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:55pm
X = 1 shirt
X + 3.50 = the other shirt
2x + 3.50 = 30.50
Subtract 3.50 from both sides.
2x = 30.50 - 3.50
2x = 27
Divide 27 by 2.
x = 13.50
One shirt is $13.50.
13.50 + 3.50 = 17.00
13.50 + 17.00 = $30.50
- Math - Alexa, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 11:02pm
The equation would be 2x + 3.50 = 30.50.
Basically, x represents the shirts and since there are two shirts, we multiply x by 2.
$3.50 is added because one shirt is $3.50 more than another.
Isolate the variable.
Subtract 3.50 from 30.50 which would equal 27.
Then, divide 2 from both sides so x = $13.50.
To check your work, plug everything back into the equation.
So, 2(13.50) + 3.50 = 30.50.
- math - 💚💚💚👏, Monday, April 28, 2014 at 8:22pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - do not know how to get answer on kathleen spent $30.50 on two shirts. One...
- supply chain - Suppose that a manufacturer of men's shirts can produce a dress ...
- Math - Mr. Logan purchased $390 in clothing (excluding sales tax). He bought 5 ...
- algebra1 - a wholesaler bought a batch of t-shirts for $77.00.She gave two of ...
- math - Laura want to purchase 4 shirts and 3 hat the cost of each shirt at Wm is...
- Math - A pair of pants costs twice as much as a shirt. The total cost of 1 1 ...
- Math - A dress cost $12 more than a shirt. Yasmin bought 3 such dress and 5 ...
- math - ernesto spent a total of 64$ for a pair of jeans and a shirt. the jeans ...
- 4th grade - I spent $40.00 on a sweater and a shirt. The sweater cost $12.00 ...
- Please help!!!!!!!!!!! algebra - Quan is shopping. He can buy 2 pairs of pants ...