Posted by Marie on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:42pm.
Choose the correct sentence
A) The patient is a 13-year-old female weighing 100 pounds who has a sprained wrist.
B) The patient is a 13-year-old female with a sprained wrist weighing 100 pounds.
I answered A
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:44pm
Do the pounds have a sprained wrist??
Or does the female have the sprained wrist?
Watch out for misplaced modifiers!
- Grammar - Marie, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:46pm
Got it so it should be B Thanks:)
- Grammar - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:48pm
B is also weird. Is it the wrist that weighs 100 pounds?? :-/
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:49pm
Oops! I didn't catch that.
The question is flawed.
- Grammar - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:52pm
It's definitely a bad question!!
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:54pm
This would be better.
The patient, a 13-year-old female weighing 100 pounds, has a sprained wrist.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - 1.Each of the patients __________ discharged at noon. A) was B) were 2...
- Grammar - Determine if the following sentence employ the correct use of commas ...
- Health/ Basic Clinical Procedures - please check mey answer thanks which of the ...
- math - A certain medicine is given in an amount proportional to a patientís body...
- Science - Please answer the following questions clearly: 1a) (ii) Why would a 15...
- Psychology - I have listed approaches that I think would be most effective for ...
- health - The patient, 78-year-old female with NIDDM, is seen in the physicianís ...
- Medical Terminology - A 15-year old female patient has experienced daily nausea ...
- medical coding - a 50 year old new female patient has had a sore throat and head...
- trig - Patients with acute or serious infections, such as Salmonella typhi or ...