Posted by zach w on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 12:26pm.
F(X)= -3x^2 -30x-70
what is the vertex
what is the axsis of symmetry
what are the intercept
what is the domain
what is the range
- college algebra - Steve, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 1:54pm
you can see it's a parabola. By completing the square, you get
y = -3(x^2 + 10x + 25) + 5
y = -3(x+5)^2 + 5
you should be able to read off most of the answers you need from that.
- college algebra - zach w, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 2:07pm
im still having a hard time please help a little more
- college algebra - Steve, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 2:20pm
review what you know about the parabola
y = a(x-h)^2 + k
Here, we have
y = -3(x+5)^2 + 5
vertex at (-5,2)
axis at x = -5
y-intercept at (0,5)
x-intercepts where 3x^2+30x+70 = 0, or
x = 1/3 (-15±√15)
domain is all reals
range is all reals <= 5
increase for x < -5
decrease for x > -5
Answer this Question
- College Algebra - Here is the whole question... I have figured most of it out ...
- algebra - Given the following function, find: (a) vertex (b) axis of symmetry (c...
- Calculus - please help - Can someone please do these questions step by step and ...
- math - . Given the following function, f(x)=-x^2 -8x find: (a) vertex, (b) axis...
- Calculus - I need help determining the intervals of increase, decrease and the ...
- Calculus - Graph the following function. Find and state the domain, intercepts, ...
- maths - For the following graph: a. Find the domain of f. b. Find the range of f...
- college algebra - given the folowing quadratic equations find the vertex the ...
- Algebra 2 - 3. Identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry of the graph of the ...
- URGENT ALGEBRA 2 - identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry of the graph for...