Posted by Celeste on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 12:03pm.
Help!!! On a blue print scale 1/2 inch = 10 feet. How do I figure out the actual width of the living room whose distance is 3/4 inches
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 12:25pm
One way to figure it out is to let x = the actual width. Cross multiply and solve for x.
(1/2) / 10 = (3/4) / x
30/4 = (1/2)x
(30/4)/(1/2) = x
(30/4) * (2/1) = 60/4 = 15 feet
- Math - Celeste, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 1:13pm
ok thank u!!!! that helps a lot
i will try it?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 1:16pm
- Math - Celeste, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 1:17pm
ok well i tryed it and still i don't understand??? can u say so i understand???PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
- Math - Celeste, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 1:31pm
MS. SUE WHAT SCHOOL DO U WORK AT????
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 1:59pm
Here's another way to approach this problem.
1/2 inch = 10 ft.
1 inch = 20 ft.
3/4 * 20 = 15 feet
- Math - Celeste, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 6:53pm
ok thank u got it more but can u help me on other problems they r the same but different #'s
- Math - Celeste, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 8:38pm
If I have different fractions can I multiply the others by 20 as well?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The blue print for the Lewis' living room has a scale of 2 inches = 5 ...
- MATH MS. SUE - 1. The length of a piece of paper is 8.5 inches. Using scissors, ...
- i really need help but dont know how to do it - Taylor made a scale drawing of ...
- Math Help!! - I have to do a scale drawing. The actual measurments of my room ...
- algebra - scale drawing of a rectangular room has a length of 18 inches and a ...
- Math - (05.01)A scale drawing of a living room is shown below: A rectangle is ...
- math - maria has a scale drawing of her bedroom so she can plan where to put her...
- Math - Mariko has an 80 inches = 1 inch scale- drawing of the floor of her house...
- math - hey everyone can you guys please answer these 5 questions or 3 or 2 how ...
- math(CHECK ASNWERS) - PLEASE CHECK MY ANWERS THANKS 1.The length of the driveway...