Posted by lee on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 11:44am.
Can someone please explain
What polynomial has a graph that passes through the given points?
(4, 89), (3, 7), (1, 1), (1, 1), (4, 329)
y = 2x3 3x2 2x + 1
y = 1x4 2x3 3x2 + 2x + 1
y = x4 2x3 + 3x2 + 2x 1
y = x4 + 2x3 3x2 2x + 1
- algebra - Steve, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 11:57am
what, you can't plug in the values and evaluate?
329 is greater than 4^3, so y is obviously a 4th-degree polynomial.
4^4 = 256, so I'd try the last one:
256 + 2*64 - 3*16 - 2*4 + 1 = 329, so check the other values. Looks like the one.
- algebra - lee, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 12:58pm
so you think
I dont understand these problems
- algebra - Steve, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 1:51pm
It's not too complicated. They gave you a list of x and y values. All you have to do is plug in the x values and see whether one of the functions produces the correct y values.
The point of these exercises is just to see whether you can evaluate expressions using various values.
Looks like you need to spend some time graphing functions and evaluating expressions.
You can play around with such things at
Toward the bottom there's an area where you can type in a function and give it values. That's what I did once I had seen that x^4+2x^3-3x^2-2x+1 produced 329 for x=4.
The only way to get comfortable with this stuff is to play around with it for a few hours.
Answer this Question
- algebra - which polynomial has a graph that passes through the given points? (-3...
- ALGEBRA PLSSSSSS - What polynomial has a graph that passes through the given ...
- algebra - Essay; show all work. Bobs Barber Shop estimates their gross revenue...
- Algebra one, help me please? - Okay so, I have to write an equation in standard ...
- ALGEBRA 2 (LOGARITHMIC FUNCTIONS) - These are some I chose to practice but I ...
- algebra - I have a few questions that I don't understand hope someone can help. ...
- Algebra - 1. What polynomial has a graph that passes through the given points...
- Algebra-please check my work - check my answers please. Use the Intermediate ...
- algebra - write an equation of the line in point slope form that passes through ...
- Algebra - Find the equation of the line, in slope-intercept form, that satisfies...