Posted by Leeah on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 1:49pm.
2. The Wilmot Proviso was a proposed amendment to a military appropriations bill that would A. permit the slavery issue to be determined by popular sovereignty.
B. regulate competition between free and slave states.
C. ban slavery in territories acquired from Mexico.
D. establish slavery in the territories acquired from Mexico.
I think it is A or D but I'm not really sure. Could anyone help me?
American history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 1:54pm
Read the first paragraph (or more) of this article.
Now what do you think?
American history - Leeah, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 2:05pm
So it would be C because he would have ban slavery
American history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 2:08pm
American history - Anonymous, Monday, March 16, 2015 at 2:58pm
A is wrong
American history - lamp, Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 4:33pm
thank me later
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - 4. What does the author mean in saying that popular sovereignty "...
- American Hist - The wilmot proviso was a bill that would ban slavery in ...
- history - The Wilmot Proviso called for popular sovereignty on the slave ...
- Social Studies - "The legislative package known as the Compromise of 1850 ...
- Social studies - 1, in what way did Uncle Toms Cabin change the attitude of ...
- American history - Can someone help me go over my answers 1. If you were a ...
- US History - Why was the Fugitive Slave Act so controversial? (3 points) It ...
- History - 4.)Slavery was defended for many reasons in the 1800s. A.)Which ...
- History - Could someone check my History questions? Please? My answers are under...
- Social studies - I couldn't find the answer i needed.... This is for Social ...