Posted by jayson on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 11:22am.
Could someone check my work please?
1. the homework for this week
the homework for this week
this week’s homework(my choice)
2. the handle of the basket
the basket’s handle
the handle’s basket(my choice)
the baskets handle
the baskets’ handle
3. the collars belonging to the cats the cat’s collars
the collar’s cats
the cats’ collars(my choice)
the cats’s collars
4. the value of the money
the monies value
the moneys value
the money’s value(my choice)
the moneys’ value
5. the tusks of the walruses
the walruses’ tusks(my choice)
the walruses’s tusks
the walruse’s tusks
the tusk’s walruses
6. the toys belonging to the children
the childrens’ toys(my choice)
the children’s toys
the childrens’s toys
the toys’ children
7. the watch belonging to the lady the ladies watch
the lady’s watch(my choice)
the ladie’s watch
the ladys’ watch
8. the speech given by the senator the senator’s speech(my choice)
the speech’s senator
the senators speech
the senators’ speech
9. the plan of the thieves
the thieve’s plan
the thieves’s plan
the plan’s thieves
the thieves’ plan(my choice)
10. the notebooks belonging to Janet Janet’s notebooks(my choice)
- possessive form of nouns - Writeacher, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 11:28am
All except #6 are correct.
Remember that "children" is already in its plural form. How will you make it possessive?
- possessive form of nouns - Anonymous, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 4:13pm
# 2 is wrong. it's the 1st one. just letting you know :)
- possessive form of nouns - Finally Finishes, Monday, November 11, 2013 at 11:17am
#6 is the children's toys
Answer this Question
English - Writing with Possessive Nouns Directions Use possessive nouns or ...
English - What's the difference between possessive nouns and possessive pronouns...
Enlgish, possessive form of singular and plural no - possessive form of family, ...
English - What are the rules for possessives and plurals when it comes to names...
possessive nouns - Write the noun in this sentence so it shows possession. The ...
English grammar - There are five kinds of nouns: Common nouns, collective nouns...
4th grade English - Could someone tell me the possessive form of these words? ...
possessive nouns - the chirps of the baby birds are quiet.
4th grade English - Can someone help me correct these sentences with the correct...
english - rhymes and plural and possessive nouns for the jumps of lambs