Posted by EN on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 10:53pm.
The question is simplify
-9=1(36divided by 2 x3-4)
I did -9+1(18x3-4)
Is this correct
I did this with a friend and we both got different answers. Maybe I di the wrong order of operation?
- 7th grade math - Reiny, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 11:30pm
your question makes no sense.
You have an equation made up of -9 on the left and an arithmetic calculation on the right side
the calcuation on the right is correct as 50
so you end up with saying
-9 = 50 , which of course is nonsense.
- 7th grade math - EN, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 8:03am
sorry it was -9+1(50)
THE = should have been a +
sorry I didn't catch that but that is how I got to 41, is that correct?
Answer this Question
- math - Hi, me and my friend think two completely different answers to the same ...
- math - I asked this question before and I was told my work was correct by my ...
- Spanish 7th grade-please check - How doyou ask if a friend if they are hungry? ...
- math 7th grade - simplify 2(a^2+2b+2a^2)+b+2c answer: 4a^2+5b+2c also 6a^2-a^2+...
- Trigo! - Ok, i did this maths trigo question, that says sinx-cos=2/3. I squared ...
- 7th grade math - My friend is in the 7th grade and broke his wrist so he cannot ...
- Math - Hello I was wondering if you can help me with some math. I cant figure ...
- English Expression - What grade/year are you in? I'm in the first grade in ...
- 7th grade math - -2(3r+4)= -5r-8-r Answer I got r=r Question 2 14+8w=4(8+2w) I ...
- 7th grade math (probability) - I'm not sure how to answer this: 3. THe 7th grade...