Posted by EN on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 10:53pm.
The question is simplify
-9=1(36divided by 2 x3-4)
I did -9+1(18x3-4)
Is this correct
I did this with a friend and we both got different answers. Maybe I di the wrong order of operation?
- 7th grade math - Reiny, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 11:30pm
your question makes no sense.
You have an equation made up of -9 on the left and an arithmetic calculation on the right side
the calcuation on the right is correct as 50
so you end up with saying
-9 = 50 , which of course is nonsense.
- 7th grade math - EN, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 8:03am
sorry it was -9+1(50)
THE = should have been a +
sorry I didn't catch that but that is how I got to 41, is that correct?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Hi, me and my friend think two completely different answers to the same ...
- Math - simplify the expression (the 7th root of 11x/y^6)(the 7th root of y^6/11x...
- Stat HW for. - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient History comes to ...
- math - a mathematics question contained 20 items. every wrong answer scores -...
- math - I asked this question before and I was told my work was correct by my ...
- Algebra - Hi! I was wondering if anyone might be willing to check my answers for...
- Math - At Jefferson School, both 6th grade & 7th grade classes take a math test...
- Spanish 7th grade-please check - How doyou ask if a friend if they are hungry? ...
- Calculus - please check my work - differentiate each function a) y = cos^3x b) y...
- math 7th grade - simplify 2(a^2+2b+2a^2)+b+2c answer: 4a^2+5b+2c also 6a^2-a^2+...