Posted by Ri on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 7:36pm.
Dr. Muse, a sociocultural theorist, speculates that children's ability to reminisce about the past can be promoted through adult teaching. This is an example of a
B. Research Question
D. Research method
I have read my book, but haven't found any information that regards directly to Dr. Muse, the sociocultural theorist. I think the answer is "C", but want to make sure since I haven't found Dr. Muse in the context.
Education - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 7:38pm
The key word is speculates. That would make A the right answer.
Education - PsyDAG, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 3:04pm
I would disagree; I think you are right, RI. A theory is more general, which can lead to many different hypotheses.
A theory is a well-established principle that has been developed to explain some aspect of the natural world. A theory arises from repeated observation and testing and incorporates facts, laws, predictions, and tested hypotheses that are widely accepted.
A hypothesis is a specific, testable prediction about what you expect to happen in your study. For example, an experiment designed to look at the relationship between study habits and test anxiety might have a hypothesis that states, "We predict that students with better study habits will suffer less test anxiety." Unless your study is exploratory in nature, your hypothesis should always explain what you expect to happen during the course of your experiment or research.
While the terms are sometimes used interchangeably in everyday use, the difference between a theory and a hypothesis is important when studying experimental design. Some important distinctions to note include:
A theory predicts events in general terms, while a hypothesis makes a specific prediction about a specified set of circumstances.
A theory has been extensively tested and is generally accepted, while a hypothesis is a speculative guess that has yet to be tested.
Education - Carol, Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 6:35pm
The answer is not A just took my test and got it wrong.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Education - Dr. Muse, a sociocultural theorist, speculates that children's ...
- CDA - Dr. Muse, a sociocultural theorist, speculates that children's ability to ...
- college - Assignment Testing a Theory Write at least 300 words describing a time...
- psy - match -Psychodynamic Theory -Trait Theory -Learning Theory -Humanistic ...
- college - • Write at least 300 words describing a time when you had to test a ...
- psy202 - Write a 200-300 word summary describing a time when you had to test a ...
- psychology - •Write at least 300 words describing a time when you had to test a ...
- child development - I need to know the approach to research(research design) of ...
- adult education statistcs - if a researcher were studying the effects of a ...
- Co-op - I have been given a cooperative education placement and career research ...