Posted by trig on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 5:16pm.
Solve tan2A - 2tanA = -1 for 0º≤A≤360º.
- trig - Steve, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 5:26pm
Hmmm. Sensing a missing ^ character, we have
tan^2(A) - 2tanA + 1 = 0
(tanA - 1)^2 = 0
tanA = 1
So, A = 45º or 225º
- trig - Reiny, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 5:52pm
or taking it at face value the way it was typed
tan 2A - 2tan A = -1
2tanA/(1-tan^2 A) - 2tanA = -1
let tanA = x for easier typing
2x/(1-x^2) - 2x = -1
times 1 - x^2
2x - 2x + 2x^3 = -1 + x^2
2x^3 - x^2 + 1 = 0
x = -.657298
tanA = -.657298
A = 146.7° or A = 326.7°
- trig - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 3:56pm
a ladder leaning against a vertical wall make an angle 24 degrees with the wall.the foot of the ladder is 5 ft from the wall find the length of the ladder
- trig - jr, Monday, April 7, 2014 at 7:41pm
You lean a ladder 6.7 m long against a wall. It makes an angle of 63 degrees with the level ground. How high up is the top of the ladder?
Answer this Question
- Trigonometry - Solve tan2A - 2tanA = -1 for 0º≤A≤360º.
- algebra 1 help please - 4) a student score is 83 and 91 on her first two quizzes...
- Algebra 2 - Solve. 4a-2≤a+1≤3a+4 4a-2-1≤a+1-1≤3a+4-1 4a-...
- PRE - CALCULUS - Eliminate the parameter t. Find a rectangular equation for the ...
- Math - Solve 4cos^2A = 3cosA for 90º≤A≤180º. (Enter only the number...
- Trig - Let sin A = 12/13 with 90º≤A≤180º and tan B = -4/3 with 270...
- trig - Let sin A = 12/13 with 90º≤A≤180º and tan B = -4/3 with 270...
- trig - Find all angles, 0≤A<360, that satisfy the equation below, to ...
- Math - Let sin A = 12/13 with 90º≤A≤180º and tan B = -4/3 with 270...
- Pre Calculus - sec x = -2 , π ≤ x ≤ 3π Use a calculator to...