Posted by Laruen on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 4:12pm.
What were the goals of (a) the Knights of Labor? (b) the AFL?
Answer (a) - ??????
Answer (b) - Unlike the Knights of Labor, the AFL supported the use of strikes to achieve its goals. The AFL collected money from its member unions. Some of it went into a strike fund. When AFL members went on strike, they were paid from the fund so that they could still feed their families.
Am I correct for answer (b) and in my textbook it doesn't say any goals of the knights of labor. In my textbook it says "Despite the failure of the Knights of Labor, the labor movement continued to grow"
Please help for answer (a)!!!
- Social Studies 8R help!!!! - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 4:29pm
Knights of Labor: Read the introductory paragraph and the section under Ideology.
Your answer for B is correct.
- Social Studies 8R help!!!! - Laruen , Monday, November 12, 2012 at 4:50pm
The Knights primary demand was for an eight hour day; they also called for legislation to end child and convict labor, as well as a graduated income tax. They were eager supporters of cooperatives.
- Social Studies 8R help!!!! - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 4:56pm
- Social Studies 8R help!!!! - Laruen, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 5:33pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - How did the Knights of Labor and the AFL differ from earlier unions?
- Social Studies - "In 1919, the city of Boston fired 19 police officers who had ...
- Us after 1877 - Why would the Knights of Labor oppose child labor beyond the ...
- knights-european studies - What were knights social class in medieval times?
- Social Studies - What happened to unions after the protest at Haymarket Square? ...
- please check - Francis Cabot Lowell led a group of businessmen who a. built a ...
- US History - Why did the National Labor Union collapse? Please don't give me ...
- Social Studies - A these statement about the goals of the labor movement in the ...
- social studies - The knights role and fall of feudalism
- Logic - This exercise relate to the inhabitants of the island of knights and ...