Posted by Sam on Monday, November 12, 2012 at 2:14pm.
The Congress of the United States signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776. Find the difference in years between the year that the Congress signed this document and the year that you were born.
I was born 2003.
Is this right?
y - 1776 = 2003
or 2003 - 1176 = y
6th grade math. Equation help.
Or ? Please help??
- Math equation - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 2:32pm
You can easily estimate that the difference is a little over 200 years.
Which process will produce that answer?
- Math equation - Sam, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 2:47pm
I'm suppose to create my own equation like the one I showed you above. Is the first one right? It is solving subtraction equations where I add or subtract each side to undo the subtraction. Does this make sense?
So if I were to say y + 1776 = 2003 this would be the right way right?
- Math equation - Sam, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 2:55pm
y + 1776 -1776 = 2003 - 1776
y = 227
y + 1776 = 2003
227 + 1776 = 2003
2003 = 2003 Checked
But how is this correct true?
- Math equation - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 3:05pm
Yes, you're right.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - 1) The year that the Declaration of Independence was signed ...
- Lang. Arts - 2. Choose the option that corrects the sentence below. If the ...
- History HELP! ASAP - Congress's adoption of the declaration of independence ...
- History - What year was the Declaration of Independence adopted by the Second ...
- Math - The U.S life expectancy of a baby born in 1960 was 69.8 years. For a ...
- grade 6 honors math - Of 150 sixth graders choosing electives for next year, 50 ...
- History - 1. After winning the French and Indian War, Great Britain passed the ...
- American Goverment - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was NOT _____. the location the ...
- Math - In the United States, more male babies are born than female. In 2004, 2,...
- math - pierre was born in the twentieth century and will be x years old in the ...