Posted by Mary on Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 5:03pm.
How would I go about finding the domain and range of 3cos(3x+π) = 4? Thanks
- Precalculus - Reiny, Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 6:06pm
You have given me an equation, not a function
The concept of domain and range applies to functions
was your function
f(x) = 3cos(3x+π) - 4 ?
if so , the domain is any real number
the range is -1 to -7
were you looking for a solution to your equation?
cos(3x+π) = 4/3
BUT, the cosine of anything lies between -1 and 1
so your equation has no solution.
- Precalculus - Mary, Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 6:28pm
The question(s) were as follows:
Given: f(x) = 3cos(3x+π) - 4 (as you thought)
a) the inverse of F(x)
b) the domain and range of F(x)
c) the domain and range of F -1(x)
I got cos-1[(x-4)/9] - π =y for the inverse, although I'm not sure I did the problem right (I set x to y and y to x and then solved for y).
For cos(3x+π) = 4/3, don't I have to finish solving cos(3x+π) before I decide that there is no solution? I have been doing these and other problems for so long today that I am gettin more confused - not less, lol! Thanks for your help.
Answer this Question
- Precalculus - The question(s) are as follows: Given: f(x) = 3cos(3x+π) - 4 ...
- precalculus check immediately - suppoe f is a function with domain [1,3]and ...
- Math - how would i go about finding the domain of the function f(x)=(3x+1)/(sqrt...
- Math - If f(x)=sin(x) and g(x)=x^2-x+1, find the domain of f(g(x)) and g(f(x)). ...
- Math - HELP PLEASE!!! I'm having some trouble with this question on my Maths hw...
- Calculus - To construct a tincan, V=32pi m^3, The cost per square meter of the ...
- Math - Can you help me with this? I did this many times and got different ...
- math - i suck at domain and range.... this doesn't make any sense... a. Given ...
- MAth - how do i find the domain and range of equations? example: f(x)=ab.solute ...
- alg 1 - Quadratic graphs and their properties: Identify the domain and range of ...