Posted by Mohammad on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 8:20pm.
I writing global statements on themes in play hamlet, i trying to write one on betrayal, but its not turning out like i want it.
Having loved and trusted those that mean the world to us and getting stabbed by them in the backs is the worst betrayal that one can come upon.
also i not able to think one for supernatrual. teacher say global statement be 2-3 sentences.
for supersnatural i want to say something like
That which seem there, may possibly not be there. It be our mind fooling us trying to give some message.
- English Hamlet - Writeacher, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 9:08pm
Are you referring to Hamlet (the main character, not the dead king) in this play and his pretending to be crazy? (mad)
Let me know.
- English Hamlet - Mohammad, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 9:11pm
yes I be referring to Hamlet the main character.
- English Hamlet - Writeacher, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 9:25pm
You might have more luck with this idea:
Hamlet is angry when he gets home two months after his father's death and burial. He finds that his mother has already married his uncle, and his uncle has already taken the throne. His mother apparently went right along with it all.
Hamlet wants to find out what really happened and to avenge his father's death. In order to do this, he tells Horatio he is going to pretend to be mad (crazy), and he succeeds. In the process, though, it seems he actually has gone mad. Is he just a really good actor? Or did all this really turn him into a crazy man?
Your overarching statement may want to include the idea that when we pretend to be something we aren't, sometimes we end up like that anyway.
Let me know what you write up.
- English Hamlet - Mohammad, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 9:35pm
Writeacher i still sort of struggling with this one for Betrayal:
Getting stabbed in the back by the ones we love and trust the most adds our hearts to flames with broken hearts no where to go.
- English Hamlet - Writeacher, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 9:37pm
Being betrayed by the ones we love and trust most breaks our hearts, and we usually don't know how to deal with our betrayers.
- English Hamlet - Mohammad, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 9:43pm
Thanks very much Writeacher that one be real good :)
- English Hamlet - Writeacher, Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 7:19am
You're very welcome!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Hamlet Essay Thesis - I'm suppose to write an essay on the play Hamlet which ...
- english/hamlet - i'm writing an essay on Hamlet comparing and contrasting the ...
- English - Which of the following is the correct way to cite a scene from Hamlet...
- English - Could you please tell me if the questions are grammatically correct? ...
- English- Hamlet - I trying to do thematic statement on certainty or uncertainty ...
- English - Hi, I'm writing an essay on how Hamlet is a participant of hypocrisy. ...
- hamlet+ english - Act Five Scene One What dramatic purpose is served by having ...
- ENGLISH HAMLET - Hi, would someone kind please tell me, what the symbolisms are ...
- English - I have to write an analysis of character in play hamlet by shakespeare...
- English- Hamlet - I want to know what this line mean in hamlet: but break my ...