Posted by Jerald on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:25pm.
In Saturday's 8 mile race Sarah's goal was to complete 1/2 of the run in 48 minutes. After that time had elapsed Sarah had run 2/3 of the total race. Which shoes how far ahead of Pace Sarah is?
Before Chad shared his starburst with his friends he had 12 pieces. He gave 2 orange ones to Katy and 2 green ones and a red one to BRett. Which expression can be used to find the number of starbursts that Chad had left?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:41pm
Your first answer is right.
But the second problem has a similar flaw to the one we discussed a few minutes ago.
The problem ask us to find the number of starbursts Chad had left.
12 - (2 + 3) = 7 pieces left
None of your answer choices is correct.
12 - (2/12 + 3/12) = 12 - 5/12 = 11 7/12
- Math - Jerald, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:44pm
So should I ask the teacher about the two problems that are faulty? But is A for the starburst question partly right? Is it just missing a few stuff like in the other question?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:47pm
Yes, ask your teacher. None of the answers comes even close to answering the question.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Laurie and Anna are running a 3 mile race. After 5 minutes, Laurie has ...
- French: TO MS SUE OR ANY FRENCH HELPER - Please check & correct my mistakes: In ...
- Math - Emily and Sarah had a total of $80 dollars. After Sarah spent 1/3 of her ...
- 7th Grade Math - Sarah ran her first mile in 8 minutes. Her next mile was run in...
- maths - lan completed part of a race and had 2000m left to run.if he had ...
- Civics ASAP PLZ =:) - Sarah opened a shoe shop in Los Angeles, California to ...
- Statistics - Sarah took a Statistics midterm which consisted of 13 multiple ...
- Math - sarah and isabel each has an equal amount of money. After sarah spent 18 ...
- math - You are a member of your high school track team and you specialize as a ...
- Algebra 1 - It took Everly 55 minutes to run a 10-kilometer race last weekend. ...