Posted by Jerald on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:10pm.
Chester and Kelsey were given a box of candy to sell. Each box of candy had 24 individual packages inside. Chester sold 1/4 of the candy in the box and Kelsey sold 3/8 of the candy in the box. Which of the following describes how to find the total number of packages That Chester and Kelsey sold together?
A.Add the two fractions together then subtract from 24
B.Add the numerators of the fractions together
C.Make equivalent fractions by finding the Least Common Denominator then add the numerators
D.Make equivalent fractions using a denominator of 24. Then add the numerators
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:16pm
None of the answer choices is complete. C is a start.
But then to find the total number of packages they sold, you'd need to multiply the sum of the two fractions by 24.
5/8 * 24 = 15 packages
- Math - Jerald, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:20pm
Those are the only choices. But would C be correct out of all of them?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:21pm
Yes, it's most correct. But it doesn't answer the question.
Please check with your teacher about this faulty problem.
- Math - Jerald, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:23pm
Okay, Thank you
- Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:24pm
We see a lot of faulty questions and answers from online schools.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Jason has to sell a box of candy bars for a fundraiser. Yesterday he sold...
- Math - A confectioner perchased several boxes of candy for $6. He gave five ...
- Math - Mary and Bob sold candy. Mary sold 4/5 as much candy as Bob did. If Mary ...
- aig math (Ms.Sue) - a box containing 6 candy bars weighs 2.34 kg.When the box is...
- Math - Dale sent Sasha a 2 II2-pound box of candy. Sasha's little sister ate I;...
- Math - Some students pass around a box of candy containing 25 pieces.Kendra took...
- algebra - A box of candy contains two types of chocolates. One type is made with...
- calculus - A candy company needs a custom box for their truffles. The box they'...
- math - On the package of candy coated chocolates it states the box contains 147 ...
- word problem - bought a jumbo box of candy. by the time i got home kids ate 1/4 ...