Posted by byke on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 3:12pm.
Gaseous iodine pentafluoride, IF5, can be prepared by the reaction of solid iodine and
• I2 (s) + 5F2 (g) → 2IF5 (g).
• A 5.00 L flask is filled with 10.0 g I2 and excess F2 with the reaction proceeds to
completion completely consumed. After the reaction is complete the temperature in
the flask is 125°C.
i) What is the pressure of IF5 (g) in the flask ?
– ii) How many molecules of F2 reacted with I2 (s) ?
– iii) What mass of IF5 (g) is produce.
chem - DrBob222, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 4:43pm
I THINK the problem says there is noting present at the end of the reaction except IF5.
mols I2 = grams/molar mass = ?
Convert mols I2 to mols IF5 using the coefficients in the balanced equation.
Use PV = nRT and solve for P in atm.
Use mols I2 and convert to mols F2, then multiply by 6.02E23 to find molecules F2.
g IF5 = mols IF5 x molar mass IF5.
chem - byke, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 4:46pm
thanks Dr.Bob222 you're the best
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Iodine pentafluoride is an incendiary agent, a substance that ...
- Chem 400 - Direct reaction of solid iodine (I2) and gaseous chlorine (Cl2) ...
- chem - consider the system I2(g)+262 KJ ¡ê 2 I (g) at 1000¡ÆC. In which ...
- chemistry - A 1.2431 -g alloy sample was analyzed for its copper content ...
- Chemistry - To an initially evacuated 50.0L container maintained at 155C were ...
- Chemistry - Answer Check - Gaseous hydrogen and iodine are placed in a closed ...
- Chem Hmwrk - Iodine can be prepared by bubbling chlorine gas through an aqueous ...
- chemistry - Using Table 9.4, calculate an approximate enthalpy (in kJ) for the ...
- chemistry - What is the unbalanced equation for the combustion reaction of ...
- chem - hydgogen and iodine form HI(g)per the reaction H2(g)+I2=2HI(g). If 2 L of...