Posted by Minnie on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:26pm.
I shall wirte what I would say, but we are speaking about modals, so I think I have to answer with them...
1. Your teacher is carrying a pile of heavy books. Offer help.
-> Shall I carry that for for?
or Sorry, can I help you?
2. A friend tells you that he/she is thinking of running away from home and joining a circus as a clown. You think this is a silly idea.
-> I think you ought to rethink it. It's a silly idea.
3. A friend boasts that they are taller than you, so they are better at basketball.
-> You might be taller, but I could (or can?!) jump higher.
4. It is hot in the classroom, and you ask your teacher for permission to open the window.
-> May I can open the window?
5. You are having an argument with a friend, and tell him that you don't care what he says.
-> I could'nt care less what you say!
Are these ok?
english - Writeacher, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 3:00pm
Read all of these aloud. Correct spelling, verb agreement, etc. Then repost.
english - Minnie, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 5:50pm
I wouldn't change something by 1 and 2.
3. You might be taller, but I can jump higher.
4. I may can open the window?
5. I couldn't care less what you say!
is it better that way?
english - Writeacher, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:22pm
3 and 5 are now correct.
Work on 4!!
english - Minnie, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:31pm
So 1 & 2 are correct?
and 4. without can? is it just "May I open the window?" ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - In this case: Your teacher is carrying a pile of heavy books. Offer ...
- English - 1. Shall we go to a movie? 1-2. Shall we go to the movie? 2. Shall we ...
- English - Explain the problems with this statement. Antigone said: "But I will ...
- English - 1. I will do my best. 2. I shall do my best. (#1 is right, #2 is wrong...
- English - 1. Shall we have some pizza at the pizza house? 2. Shall we have some ...
- 4th Grade Math Correction - PLEASE HELP.I am sorry. I posted the question wrong ...
- Language arts 8B - the poem It shall flash through coming ages, It shall light ...
- 4th Grade Math - 300 exercise books are arranged into 3 piles. The first pile ...
- PrimaryMatheMatics 4A textbook - 3000 Exercise books are arranged into 3 piles....
- Math - 400 exercise books are arranged into 3 piles.The first has 5 more books ...