Posted by Jman on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:17pm.
1. The Americans formed a republic, a government in which citizens rule through
a. elected representatives.***
d. appointed representatives.
2. Convention delegates broke the deadlock between large and small states when they approved
a. the Two-Thirds Compromise.
b. Washington's Compromise.
c. the Three-Fifths Compromise.
d. the Great Compromise.***
3. What was the single territory that was created out of the lands north of the Ohio River and east of the Mississippi River?
a. Mississippi Territory
b. Western Territory
c. Northwest Territory***
d. Ohio River Valley Territory
4. Those who opposed the Constitution feared the national government would
a. take rights away from people.***
b. limit the number of new states.
c. limit trade.
d. require religion to be practiced.
5. Shays's Rebellion forced courts to close so judges could not confiscate
a. tax money.
b. farmers' land.***
c. smuggled goods.
d. criminals' homes.
6. The belief that all people have a right to life, liberty, and property was promoted by philosopher
a. Baron de Montesquieu.
b. John Adams.
c. John Locke.***
d. Benjamin Franklin.
7. Convention delegates agreed that the Constitution must be approved by how many states?
a. 3 states
b. all states
c. 12 states
d. 9 states***
8. One major weakness of the Confederation was that it could not deal with
a. drawing maps.
b. new states.
c. Native Americans.
d. the nation's finances.***
9. The branch of the government that is headed by the president is called the
a. legislative branch.
b. judicial branch.
c. executive branch.***
d. constitutional branch.
10. How does the Constitution limit the powers of government?
a. The Constitution limits the power of government by entitling citizens to a basic standard of living.
b. The Constitution limits the power of government by giving citizens the power to veto any bill they do not consent to.
c. The Constitution limits the power of government by specifically listing powers it does and does not have.
d. The Constitution limits the power of government by encouraging the formation of independent political parties.
- S.S. Check answers - Jman, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:17pm
I don't know 10.
- S.S. Check answers - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:36pm
All are right.
10. a, b, and d are totally wrong.
- S.S. - lianna, Monday, November 18, 2013 at 2:37pm
- S.S. Check answers - Phia, Monday, December 2, 2013 at 4:50pm
- S.S. Check answers - seth, Monday, October 20, 2014 at 11:57am
- S.S. Check answers - christie, Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 3:14pm
thx yalll all those answers helped
- S.S. Check answers - Anonymous, Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 12:34pm
- S.S. Check answers - jack, Saturday, December 13, 2014 at 12:33pm
i got a full 100 with these answers
- S.S. Check answers - emma, Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 8:40pm
you got them all right :)
i got a 100%
- S.S. Check answers - Just do it, Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 1:48pm
Thanks I got 100%
- S.S. Check answers - Kenzie, Monday, November 2, 2015 at 9:31am
4 is a
- S.S. Check answers - they are all wrong, Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 5:02pm
theyre wrong!!!! i got 3/10!!!!!!!1 wowowowowo!!!!!!!
- S.S. Check answers - reality check, Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 2:21pm
Hey I just took the test the answers are right. I don't know what you did but the answers are right!
- S.S. Check answers - Shawn Mendes Is Bae, Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 12:14pm
All of them were correct except for 4 which was take rights away from people.
- S.S. Check answers - Personification Personified, Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 4:34pm
Just Do It is correct except for 4, which is A, so thank you Just Do It.
- S.S. Check answers - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 7:37am
4 is A not D
10 is C not B
I just took the test
- S.S. Check answers - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 12:54pm
Please believe me, 4 is A. I took the quiz just now. Or maybe teachers have different answers.
- S.S. Check answers - anonymous , Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 4:54pm
- S.S. Check answers - Sparkling Acid, Monday, November 30, 2015 at 8:45am
Anonymous was right. I got a 100% on my grade! THX
- S.S. Check answers - king queen , Monday, November 30, 2015 at 12:17pm
i got an 9/10 so 4 is a not d
- S.S. Check answers - XD, Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 10:17am
Thank you anonymous. your answers were correct!
- S.S. Check answers - Anonymous, Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 10:03am
4 is a
- S.S. Check answers - Your mom, Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 4:04pm
Thank you anonymous, i got 100%. You can have my poop for a prize.
- S.S. Check answers - Alanna, Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 3:58pm
- S.S. Check answers - Michelle, Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 1:18pm
- S.S. Check answers - Diamond Chic, Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 5:47pm
Thanks got 100
- S.S. Check answers - Kya, Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 4:39pm
Number 7 is it western
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - what is a government in which citizens rule through elected ...
- Civics - 12. In 1900, how were members of the United States Senate chosen? A...
- Social Studies - In Athens the system of government became a direct democracy, ...
- GOVERNMENT HELP - Under the original Constitution, which was the only part of ...
- SOCIAL STDIES HELP! - How does the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution ...
- American government - I want to make sure that my answers are correct. Can ...
- U.S History - In the pledge of allegiance what does and to the republic mean? it...
- Government Check - 1.)The President's power to veto congressional legislation ...
- SS HELP! - How does the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution limit the ...
- Civics - Florida has 27 representatives while Massachusetts has nine ...