S.S. Check answers
posted by Jman on .
1. The Americans formed a republic, a government in which citizens rule through
a. elected representatives.***
d. appointed representatives.
2. Convention delegates broke the deadlock between large and small states when they approved
a. the Two-Thirds Compromise.
b. Washington's Compromise.
c. the Three-Fifths Compromise.
d. the Great Compromise.***
3. What was the single territory that was created out of the lands north of the Ohio River and east of the Mississippi River?
a. Mississippi Territory
b. Western Territory
c. Northwest Territory***
d. Ohio River Valley Territory
4. Those who opposed the Constitution feared the national government would
a. take rights away from people.***
b. limit the number of new states.
c. limit trade.
d. require religion to be practiced.
5. Shays's Rebellion forced courts to close so judges could not confiscate
a. tax money.
b. farmers' land.***
c. smuggled goods.
d. criminals' homes.
6. The belief that all people have a right to life, liberty, and property was promoted by philosopher
a. Baron de Montesquieu.
b. John Adams.
c. John Locke.***
d. Benjamin Franklin.
7. Convention delegates agreed that the Constitution must be approved by how many states?
a. 3 states
b. all states
c. 12 states
d. 9 states***
8. One major weakness of the Confederation was that it could not deal with
a. drawing maps.
b. new states.
c. Native Americans.
d. the nation's finances.***
9. The branch of the government that is headed by the president is called the
a. legislative branch.
b. judicial branch.
c. executive branch.***
d. constitutional branch.
10. How does the Constitution limit the powers of government?
a. The Constitution limits the power of government by entitling citizens to a basic standard of living.
b. The Constitution limits the power of government by giving citizens the power to veto any bill they do not consent to.
c. The Constitution limits the power of government by specifically listing powers it does and does not have.
d. The Constitution limits the power of government by encouraging the formation of independent political parties.
I don't know 10.
All are right.
10. a, b, and d are totally wrong.
thx yalll all those answers helped
i got a full 100 with these answers
you got them all right :)
i got a 100%
Thanks I got 100%
4 is a
theyre wrong!!!! i got 3/10!!!!!!!1 wowowowowo!!!!!!!
Hey I just took the test the answers are right. I don't know what you did but the answers are right!
All of them were correct except for 4 which was take rights away from people.
Just Do It is correct except for 4, which is A, so thank you Just Do It.
4 is A not D
10 is C not B
I just took the test
Please believe me, 4 is A. I took the quiz just now. Or maybe teachers have different answers.
Anonymous was right. I got a 100% on my grade! THX
i got an 9/10 so 4 is a not d
Thank you anonymous. your answers were correct!
4 is a
Thank you anonymous, i got 100%. You can have my poop for a prize.
Thanks got 100
Number 7 is it western