Posted by Minnie on Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:16pm.
Hey I have the write the sentences in passiv. But I do not really be good in passiv... can anybody check and may axplain what passiv is?
The extent of the flood-damage has surprised everyone.
-> Everyone was surprised by the extent of the flood - damage.
2. Someone used a counterfeit key to open the security door.
-> A counterfit key was used to open the security door, by someone
3. The freezing conditions put off many would-be shoppers
-> Many would-be shoppers are put off.
4. Someone used a brick to smash the window.
-> A brick was used to smash the window.
5. The high cost of gas and elictricity is hitting some families hard.
->Some families are being hit hard by the high cost of gas and elicticity.
6. The force of the explosion blew in the windows on nearby buildings.
-> The windows on nearby builindings was forced by the explosion.
7. The high winds damaged several buildings.
-> Several buildings was damaged by the high winds.
8. Somebody used a blunt instrument to hit the security guard on the head.
-> The security guard was hit on the head with a blunt instrument.
9. The unusually high tide completely washed away the sea wall.
-> The sea wall was completely wasted away.
english - Writeacher, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 2:57pm
2. Delete the comma.
3. OK, but unfinished.
Rethink = read these aloud and make corrections.
english - Minnie, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 3:14pm
ok, I correct the sentences.
3. Many would-be shoppers are put off by the freezing conditions.
6. The windows on nearby buildings were blew by the force of the explosion
7. Several buildings were damaged by the high winds
9. The sea wall was completely washed away by unusally high tide.
Is it so better??
english - Writeacher, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 3:27pm
All are OK except #6.
"windows ... were blew ... " = ????
english - Minnie, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 5:45pm
sorry, but I don't know what to change... can you give me a hint?
english - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:05pm
The past participle of blow is blown.
The windows were blown by the force . . .
english - Minnie, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:18pm
I'm so stupid, so it will be:
The windows on nearby buildings were blown by the force of the explosion.
I just forgotten that the past form of blew is blown...
Thank you both!
english - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 7:52pm
You're not stupid! I believe your first language is not English, right?
english - Minnie, Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 8:18am
Yes, my first language is German.
But I want study english.. so I think this was a beginner fault...
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. It is a surprising event. 2. Look at the surprised boys. 3. He is ...
- English - 1. She came at all, so they all were surprised. 2. She came at any ...
- For Everyone on Jiskha - Hey, I just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS to everyone on ...
- Statistics - Hey everyone! For my Math Class I need a tally of EVERYONE from the...
- English - 1. He was surprised she came at all. 2. He was surprised that she came...
- Thanks everyone for your help - Everyone on this website thanks for helping me ...
- English - 1. The game excited him. 2. He was excited at the game. 3. The soccor ...
- English - 1. They get out of the city and spend time in nature. 2. They go out ...
- English - 1. The dog scared the boy. 2. The boy was scared of the dog. 2-1. The ...
- Math - Sr. John and his wife went to a party where four other married couples ...