Posted by Nancy on Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 7:42pm.
I need help with this lab.
Write the equation for the decomposition of the hydrate, CuSO4*XH2O.
Mass of crucible and hydrate: 93.000g
Mass of crucible and pure salt: 91.196g
I need to calculate the following:
1. mass of water in hydrate sample(g)
2. number of moles of water in the sample
3. mass of pure salt in the sample(g)
4. number of moles of salt in the sample
5. molar ratio of water to salt in the sample
From your calculations what is the empirical formula of copper sulfate hydrate?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 12:34am
You don't have enough information here.
1. mass H2O = 93.000-91.196 = ?
2. mols H2O = grams H2O/molar mass H2O
3. mass pure salt = 91.196-mass crucible = ?
4. mols salt = grams/molar mass CuSO4
5. Find the mols H2O to 1 mol CuSO4.
- chemistry - Nancy, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 8:12am
This all that I have, what other information do I need?
- chemistry - Nancy, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 8:34am
never mind I got it thanks!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - I need help with this lab. Write the equation for the decomposition ...
- Chemistry - Experiment 1 results: mass of crucible 88g mass of hydrate 93g mass ...
- Chemistry :/ - Experiment 1 results: mass of crucible 88g mass of hydrate 93g ...
- Chemistry - Hi I need with with a prelab calculation for a Hydrate Crystal lab ...
- Chemistry - 7. A student conducts an experiment on a different hydrate. The ...
- Chemistry - An unknown hydrate of copper (II) oxalate is to be identified in the...
- Chemistry - What percent by mass does the water constitute in Na2SO4*10H2O? ...
- chemistry - mass of crucible- 18.50g mass of crucible+hydrate- 19.50g mass of ...
- chemistry - Calculate the following: (a) mass of water in the hydrate sample (g...
- chemistry - If a 8.6195 g of a mixture which contains (20.0 % of CuSO4.XH2O and ...