Posted by Amy on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 11:39pm.
Can somebody please check my work. I got part a right, but my answer for part b is wrong.
(a) Calculate the absolute pressure at the bottom of a fresh-water lake at a depth of 25.6 m. Assume the density of the water is 1.00 103 kg/m3 and the air above is at a pressure of 101.3 kPa.
(b) What force is exerted by the water on the window of an underwater vehicle at this depth if the window is circular and has a diameter of 33.1 cm?
PHYSICS (CHECK WORK) - drwls, Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 3:30am
Since your pressure is in Pascals, the window area must be in square meters (not square cm) to get the force in Newtons.
PHYSICS (CHECK WORK) - Amy, Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 10:15am
PHYSICS (CHECK WORK) - Brunilda Ramos, Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 9:03pm
When paper pattern pieces are dovetailed in a cutting layout, they're placed so they
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - (a) Calculate the absolute pressure at the bottom of a fresh-water ...
- Intro to Physics - (a) Calculate the absolute pressure at the bottom of a fresh-...
- physic - Hi! I really need help on Part B only. (a) Calculate the absolute ...
- physics - If you dive to a depth of 10m below the surface of a lake, Part A what...
- PHYsics URGENT - the deepest part of the ocean is 10,900 meters deep. a) ...
- Check Please(Math) - (-2x^2y)^3*(5xy^3)^2=(-2x^2y)^3 = -8 x^6 y^3 *Please check ...
- physic - Hi! need help please thank you so much. Question:(a) Calculate the ...
- Physics - check my work - A cannon is fired from a cliff 190 m high downward at ...
- Calculus - Hydrostatic Pressure - Please check my work: Find the hydrostatic ...
- Algebra - - ok... we keep getting this one wrong: Solve the following equation ...