Posted by Amy on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 9:43pm.
A sample of an unknown material appears to weigh 295 N in air and 165 N when immersed in alcohol of specific gravity 0.700.
(a) What is the volume of the material?
(b) What is the density of the material?
I am getting the wrong answer. Can you please check my work? My answer is off by a multiple of ten.
- Intro to Physics - Amy, Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 9:46pm
This is what I have so far. My answer is wrong, it is off by a multiple of 10
- Intro to Physics - Cristina, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:26pm
You have to divide the volume by 1000
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics Help Please - A sample of an unknown material appears to weigh 270 N in ...
- physics - A sample of an unknown material appears to weigh 285 N in air and 165 ...
- Physics - A sample of an unknown material appears to weigh 275 N in air and 160 ...
- PHYSICS (CHECK WORK) - I am getting the wrong answer. Can you please check my ...
- PHYSICS CHECK WORK PLEASE - I am getting the wrong answer. Can you please check...
- Physics: Fluids - A sample of an unknown material weighs 260 N in air and 175 N ...
- physics - An object weighing 345 N in air is immersed in water after being tied ...
- Physics - The specific heat capacity of a material is 1200 J/(kg°C). The ...
- Chemistry - An unknown material absorbs 1,930 J of heat when it changes from 25...
- Chem - . State whether each of the following samples of matter is a gas. If ...