Posted by Hannah on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 6:12pm.
Convert to standard form (AX+BY=C)
Convert to Slope/intercept form (y=mx+b)
I need help going through this because I am not sure if I am doing everything right and I also dont know how to use fractions. Thanks a million for all your help!
- Math Algr.2 - Steve, Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 9:29pm
the best way to avoid fractions is to multiply through by the GCD.
#1. y = 3/2 x + 6
2y = 3x + 12
-3x + 2y = 12
3x-2y = -12
#2. -9y-6x-18 = 0
9y+6x+18 = 0
9y = -6x-18
y = -6/9 x - 18/9
y = -2/3 x - 2
A hood way to check is to pick a value for x, evaluate y, and see whether point satisfies the original equation.
Now, work the others the same way, and come on back if you get stuck. But show us whatcha got.
Answer this Question
- algr.2 - Convert to slope/intercept form (y=mx+b) and find slope y =a/b. 1.3X-2y...
- Algebra - I have an assignment to write an equation to point-slope form, then to...
- Math - What is 10x + 2y - 10 = 0 in slope intercept form ? and can you also ...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- Algebra - What is 2x=7? Is it a standard form, or slope-intercept form, or not a...
- Algebra - I know that standard form is Ax+By=C, but I'm not really sure how to ...
- Algebra - I have an assignment that asks me to write an equation in slope-...
- Pre-Calc/Trig - How?? I only know how to convert standard form functions into ...
- Quick math help - My math exam is coming up Friday and I need help!! Can you ...
- Math - Write an equation in slope-intercept form, point-slope, or standard form ...