1. We will refund your booking fee, provided you cancel 48 hours in advance.
-> We will only refund your booking fee if you cancel 48 hours in advance.
2. I wish you told me about the cheap flights to Italy.
-> If you only told me about the cheap flights to Italy. [This is not a grammatically complete sentence, but it echoes the meaning of the sentence you were given.]
3. Thanks to the skill of the surgeon, the child survived.
-> If there hadn't been a highly skilled surgeon, the child wouldn’t have survived.
4. Let us know if you have second thoughts.
-> If you should have second thoughts, let us know.
5. If you hadn't helped me, I would have made a complete mess of this.
-> But for the help you gave me, I would have made a complete mess of this.
6. Please come this way, sir. Could I take your coat?
-> Please come this way, sir. May I take your coat?
7. You can offer me more money, but I still won't sell the house to you!
-> Even if you offer me more money, I won't sell the house to you!
8. I you let me get a word in edgeways, I'll tell you what I discovered.
-> Let me tell a word in edgeways, and I tell you what I discovered.
9. If you changed your mind about the job, we'd be interested in hearing from you.
-> If you were change your mind about the job, we will be interested in hearing from you.
10. As long as there are no delays, we'll be there by six.
-> We will be there at six if there are no delays.
thank you very much :)
Answer this Question
English - Can you help me express the following sentences? Especially sentence 3...
English - I had duplicate bookings on Cebu Pacific air. com because of a problem...
English - Could you please check these two sentence? Thank you. The deposit I ...
English Grammar - I had to get refund,and I received more money than I paid on ...
Foreign Language, How to use a dictionary., - First of all purchasing a good ...
English - 1. Have you received the prizes so far? 2. Have you ever received the ...
spanish - How do I translate my spanish Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework ...
English - Posted by rfvv on Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 11:58pm. Posted by ...
English - During the afternoon, my cats are content to nap on the couch.What is ...
English - 1. I can't wait to go to the USA. 2. I look forward to going to the ...