Posted by chem question on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 12:23am.
For which of the following mixtures will Ag2SO4(s) (Ksp=1.20E^-5)precipitate?
More than one answer can be selected.
a.) 150.0 mL of 0.10 M Na2SO4(aq) and 5.0 mL of 0.20 M AgNO3(aq)
b.) 150.0 mL of 0.10 M Na2SO4(aq) and 5.0 mL of 0.30 M AgNO3(aq)
c.) 150.0 mL of 0.10 M Na2SO4(aq) and 5.0 mL of 0.40 M AgNO3(aq)
d.) 150.0 mL of 0.10 M Na2SO4(aq) and 5.0 mL of 0.50 M AgNO3(aq)
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 1:11am
Calculate (Ag^+) and (SO4^2-), substitute into Ksp expression. That is Qsp.
If Qsp > Ksp a ppt will occur. If Qsp < Ksp, no ppt will occur.
For example, a)
(SO4^2-) = 150.0 x 0.10/155.0)= 0.0968M
(Ag^+) = 5.0 x 0.2/155.0 = 0.00645M
(0.00645)^2(0.0968) = 4.03E-6 which is smaller than Ksp = 1.20E-5; therefore, no ppt of Ag2SO4 will occur.
- chemistry - chem question, Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 1:23am
Thanks, I got it!
- chemistry - Thien, Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 6:59pm
Why do you have to square Ag after you got the Molarity?
- chemistry - Juliet, Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 9:54am
Yes square molarity
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Solid Na2SO4 is added to a solution which is 0.020 M in Pb(NO3)2 and...
- Chemistry - Solid Na2SO4 is added to a solution which is 0.012 M in Pb(NO3)2 and...
- chemistry - Solid Na2SO4 is added to a solution which is 0.014 M in Pb(NO3)2 and...
- Chemistry - If you react 2.0 g AgNO3 and 2.5 g Na2SO4, what is the percent yield...
- Chemistry - How many grams of AgNO3 will precipitate when 150 mL of 0.5 M AgNo3 ...
- chemistry - Calculate the concentrations of all ions after 50.0 mL of a 0.100 M ...
- Chemistry - A solution is 5.0× 105 M in each of these ions: Ag , SO42, Cl, ...
- Chemistry - Sodium sulfate is slowly added to a solution containing 0.0500 M Ca^...
- Chemistry - Which of the following substances has the greatest solubility in ...
- chem - whats the net ionic equation for the following reaction AgNo3(aq)+Na2SO4(...