Posted by Deborah on Monday, November 5, 2012 at 4:02pm.
Sometimes scale drawings are shown on graph paper. Each square on this graph paper is 1/4 inch. Use the scale drawing of the living room to answer each question. There are 1,296 in.2 in one square yard. Use a proportion to find out how many square yards of carpet it would take to cover the floor.
There are 12 squares wide and 10 squares high... I have no idea how to do this....help
Math - incomplete - Steve, Monday, November 5, 2012 at 4:40pm
You haven't said what the scale is. what are the dimensions of the room represented by a 10x12 square grid?
If each square represents a foot, then a 3x3 block of squares represents a square yard.
Once you figure out how many inches of the room are represented by a square on the paper, then you can do some math.
Math - Deborah, Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 2:20pm
The scale is 1/4
Math - John, Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 4:45pm
1296 inches converted into yards is 36 yds
Math - Emily, Friday, November 15, 2013 at 9:57pm
The answer is 30
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math Help! - Sometimes scale drawings are shown on graph paper. Each square on ...
- Math Help!! - What is the actual measurments of your room? My answer Height= ...
- Math - (05.01)A scale drawing of a living room is shown below: A rectangle is ...
- science/math - I have to make this density graph on a standard sheet of graph ...
- Math - C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Graph.png Each square on this graph paper is 1/4 ...
- i really need help but dont know how to do it - Taylor made a scale drawing of ...
- math - You want to produce a scale drawing of your living room which is 24 ft by...
- Math - I want to include a new 20m x 58m swimming pool in the athletic center. I...
- Math Help!! - I have to do a scale drawing. The actual measurments of my room ...
- pre-alg - What is the scale that you will use for your scale drawing? I'm not ...